Thread: Yearly engraving update of plaque

Yearly engraving update of plaque

I am needing to update a plate that goes on a golf trophy where the winning team takes the trophy home to their club each year. I'm needing to engrave the winner of the 2016 matches but do not know exactly how to add the team and year to make it line up perfectly. I didn't used the top, left corner of my bed as reference as I should have. With that said, do any of you guys have the magical knowledge and could help me figure out how to line this up? The pictures show the vector file that I will be engraving and the print properties from my laser. It is a Mercury III from GCC 25 watt. Thanks.
    1.JPG2.JPG

This is where I would use painters tape and "sneak" up on exact placement. I don't know if you're burning into wood or metal plate but once you nail the placement just burn through the tape.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

I'd measure the outline of the plate, lay down paper on the laser bed (tape it down) cut the outline out and then lay the plaque in the hole/jig.
    Epilog Helix 60 watt, Epilog 36EXT 75 watt, 2 Rotary Attachments, 3 Jaw Chuck Rotary Attachment, Kern 52x100 400 watt putting out 580 watts, Photobrasive Laser Mask, Rayzist 1924 Blast Cabinet, ikonics blast cabinet, SR3000 Resist, Epson 1400 Printer, 1 Paragon Glass Kiln, Covington Wet Belt Sander/Polisher, 2 JDS Air Filtration Units, 14" Stone Saw, and A Few Other Things I Forgot About!

Darrin did you engrave the first plate?? "I didn't used the top, left corner of my bed as reference as I should have. With that said,"

Can you match the plate????

Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

grab a set of these--

Measure from the left edge of the plate to the left edge of the text, put a guideline at that distance from the left edge of the plate...
    measure from the top of the plate to the baselines of the bottom 2 lines of text, subtract line 2 from line 3, then add the difference to line 3's measurement, and put a guideline at that distance from the top of the plate...

Now you have new top-left ref points to start the new text. You may want to verify your machine is actually engraving where you tell it to first! (unless you know that it is )
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

1. Engrave a brand new plate.

2. Do your best and move on. What are they paying you? $15? If they want it to line up perfectly every year, they should bring it back to the same place every year. To get it "perfect" takes testing and time. $15 doesn't cover that.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Cheap enough just to replace the whole plate, save the time and effort trying to line things up... Start fresh!
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

New plate every year... Less STRESS...
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".