Thread: Dedicated a drawer

Dedicated a drawer

in my seemingly never ending kitchen remodel. Built several dedicated storage areas and this is the latest. The drawer holds an institutional sized roll each of heavy aluminum foil and clear plastic wrap (3000 feet) The 18tpi hacksaw blades don't work as well as I was hoping for tearing off material that has been pulled out. I think because The teeth are not vertical enough. The material off the cardboard boxes is inadequate. Looking for a better material or idea. Suggestions?

image.jpgimage.jpg
    And yes, my drawer false fronts are walnut so the box joints stand out when the drawers are open
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Stainless meat cutting band saw blade,
    replacement serrated paper cutter blade
    might try horizontal mount on the keeper boards as well

Thanks for the suggestions Tom. Couldn't find what I needed in a paper cutter blade online but ordered a couple of meat handsaw replacement blades. We'll see how they work.

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

On the one I built I used a sliding knife setup. I bought it on line but they also come on large rolls of saran wrap at Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by fRED mCnEILL View Post
    On the one I built I used a sliding knife setup. I bought it on line but they also come on large rolls of saran wrap at Costco.
    Pictures??? Like to know how you incorporated that into the drawer.
    Last edited by Michael Weber; 04-24-2016 at 11:25 AM.

..Just thinking off the top of my head. How about a broken band saw blade ?

Take the hack saw blade to belt sander and put a bevel on one side, so you have a serrated knife. Doesn't have to be super sharp to work.