Thread: Huanyang 2.2KW teardown,loose wire from output terminal V

Huanyang 2.2KW teardown,loose wire from output terminal V

Hello
    I'm wondering if anybody out there could tell me what this stray wire is supposed to be touching or soldered to .
    Been looking everywhere and the only thing I can find two are two youtube videos .
    One recent video , Connor Wolf disassembles a 2.2KW Huanyang but
    does not take out the next section, which would have shown me the location of this stray wire .
    I looked at another teardown and repair video with a guy , AVE dismantles and fixes a 7.5KW Huanyang
    but its totally different looking .
    Hoping to get my bandsaw going again
    I've taken some pics of the wire in question
    more than happy to take countless more
    Hoping someone knows
    Thank you
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's another pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't see any signs of solder on the loose end, so I'd look for a screw terminal that it will reach - - and the screw is loose or missing. (It might also land on some other style crimp or spring loaded terminator?)

Seems odd that one end is soldered, and the other is 'mechanical'. Usually you only see this for optional modules like communication or I/O expansion boards. This looks like it is soldered under the motor output (V) lead. In my mind, this is not an option.

The manual might have schematics for the internal wiring? Maybe..??

The soldered side looks like it connects to an "X cap" or "Y cap", which are specifically placed as EMI filters from either line-to-ground or line-to-line. So I'd get an ohmmeter and see if that wire connects to either side of AC line or ground. Might give you a clue as to where it goes. I'd sure hope they didn't use a red wire for ground, but maybe that was a crude way to run a ground connection to a metal chassis or something...

Contact the guy, or lady, on ebay that sells them. They've been good about answering questions, and seem to thoroughly know the details of the units they sell. Their English is not the best, but can get the point across.

Thanks for looking guys
    I bought this inverter about 2 years ago now I doubt the person is still on ebay
    I might well try and ask ,Although I wouldn't be competent to know what they're on about .
    Tom
    DSCN1816.JPG
    I just found this pic of the 1.5KW VFD version that could shed a clue ?
    and cannot find schematics that show anything
    Last edited by Tom Trees; 04-25-2016 at 5:01 PM. Reason: found a clue

Looks like it lands on the solder pad - - top of the bottom board, front right corner. Also looks like the solder pad on the board may have been pulled off. Might be tough repair. How's your soldering skills?

Must have been a really bad solder joint to allow the solder to come completely off the copper wire.
    solder_repair.jpg
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 04-27-2016 at 8:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    The soldered side looks like it connects to an "X cap" or "Y cap", which are specifically placed as EMI filters from either line-to-ground or line-to-line. So I'd get an ohmmeter and see if that wire connects to either side of AC line or ground. Might give you a clue as to where it goes. I'd sure hope they didn't use a red wire for ground, but maybe that was a crude way to run a ground connection to a metal chassis or something...
    Attachment 336653
    Dan I've watched a video of the larger 7.5KW model and another video of the front half of my specific unit taken apart .
    I have one of these multimeters but lack any knowledge about them either
    Can I run some continuity tests with this unplugged ?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    Looks like it lands on the solder pad - - top of the bottom board, front right corner. Also looks like the solder pad on the board may have been pulled off. Might be tough repair. How's your soldering skills?

Must have been a really bad solder joint to allow the solder to come completely off the copper wire.
    solder_repair.jpg
    Attachment 336652
    Malcolm
    It doesn't look quite like that on closer inspection
    Sorry I guess I should be taking closer shots of the boards

Tom
    I think you can see why I haven't contacted the seller or huanyang electrical .
    Hopefully I can educated enough about this to talk to them in the near future
    if the problem cant be spotted from a picture

Thanks folks
    Tom