Thread: Shop Cabinet of Maple - Anyone Know where to buy...?

Shop Cabinet of Maple - Anyone Know where to buy...?

Hey Folks,

I am just finishing up a tool cabinet I made out of maple - most is maple lumber, but there are a few pieces that are maple ply. Regardless, I need a durable easy to apply finish. The cab has walnut Miller dowel accents, so I want those to be apparent. I am looking for a matte or satin finish - don't want the tool cabinet shining up on the wall.

I was going for Waterlox Original, but I can't find a source around here to buy. I thought the Borg would have it, but neither HD nor Lowes carries it. I no longer have easy access to a Woodcraft. Anyone know where in the Dublin/Pleasanton section of the East SF Bay I can grab some Waterlox today? If not, then can you recommend a wipe on finish that I can get at the Borg that is appropriate for a shop cabinet?

Thanks all- your help is always fantastic and much appreciated.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe Beaulieu; 04-30-2016 at 4:12 PM.

i know a lot of people just use what the have left over from previous projects so what hanging around the shop? you can order waterlox. the borg doesn't really have anything i would use. any true value, ace hardware or marine type stores around they all have better products than the borg. the true value near me carries waterlox.

Minwax Wipe On Poly. In Satin sheen. Hard to beat for availability, price and ease of application. Reasonably durable, too.