Thread: Wedding gift for my kiddo

Wedding gift for my kiddo

After I cut the cord when my Daughter was born, I asked the nurse if I could buy the scissors as a keepsake. They refused. I'm not entirely proud of my next move but i figured they'd work them into the bill somehow.

Fast forward nearly 31 years.

My baby girl gets hitched next week and I've been picking away at a little something for a few years. I'm kind of a sappy old guy and wanted her to have something special that would commemorate a couple special days in both our lives.

I found that black walnut crotch wood is a lot like working with marble. The results are pretty nice though. All this is hand tool work except for the routed pocket for the scissors. Finish is oil, a shellac sealer, and wax.

The pics aren't pro quality, but it turned out nice (sniff). Note the genuine dried umbilical goo still on the snips. I'm all about keeping it real.

Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Right after that is when they really raised the hospital prices! But I don't think that box is going to give you access to one of those state of the art prison shops. Well done!

Very nice work.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Beautiful wood. Very thoughtful gift!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

sappy old guy? how very wonderful that you are. This is one of the most unique ideas, and great " I have loved you since the day you were born" gifts from a woodworker, I have ever seen. Lucky Dad, lucky daughter.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe