Thread: Good sources for sanding disks and backing pads?

Good sources for sanding disks and backing pads?

Hello,
    I'd like to try some power sanding this weekend and I understand people like the products sold by Vince's WoodNWonders.
    Unfortunately, he's out until next week, so where should I grab some stuff for the weekend? I'm looking for 2" disks I reckon.
    Regards
    Doug

Make 'em. Foam is cheap and so is adhesive-backed velcro.

For sanding discs, buy rolls or larger discs and cut them up. Tedious, I know, but there's a substantial savings.

Doug I usually buy all of mine whether velcro, adhesive or foam backed from Abrasive Resources. Their closeouts and quantity discounts are good and so is their freight policy.

http://www.abrasiveresource.com/
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Vinceswoodnwonders
    Price, service, quality, nice guy
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I have been buying from Vince for a number of years now. Second for him.

robo hippy

Right, I'm happy to buy from Vince, but he's out and I want some stuff for this weekend!
    Doug

I like Vince too, but a another source of sanding supplies is The Sanding Glove.
    Wood Turners Wonders
    also sells some in addition to his CBN wheel and light lines.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Quote Originally Posted by Doug McKnight View Post
    Right, I'm happy to buy from Vince, but he's out and I want some stuff for this weekend!
    Doug
    I placed an order late last night and got the confirming e-mail this morning.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Hmm. I was going by what the website said, which was that orders placed this week would be processed on the 16th.

I just ordered from Klingspor's Woodworking shop. They have some great bargains. Check out their clearance items, and their boxes of end rolls. I got 20 lbs of assorted grits for around $30.000 I also ordered some 5" discs that were on clearance for around $6.00 per 50. Flat rate shipping as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug McKnight View Post
    Hmm. I was going by what the website said, which was that orders placed this week would be processed on the 16th.
    I jumped on their light sale and Vince's items will arrive Thursday. Added a CBN hone too.