Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WERA Diamond Coat Screwdriver Review

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holbrook View Post
    There are tons of them on Amazon, you just want find them with a diamond bit search. I guess they think the diamond feature is not a major deal like we do. Try- Wera Impaktor bits, many of them are diamond coated. You can try Wera bits or bit sets too, many of them are diamond coated if you check the descriptions.

Yes but the products in question are not bits but screwdrivers.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    I have found CORRECTLY GROUND SCREWDRIVER TIPS to do just fine.
    I actually bought that set of perfect handle (wooden) screwdrivers from Lee Valley with the sole purpose of driving brass slotted screws. It makes me feel better. I use my Wera, Wiha, Stanley and others on non-woodworking projects.

The Brownells screwdriver sets(some of them for the sake of compactness) are also bits that are held in the handle by magnets. They work just fine. I never notice any shaking from loose tolerances. AND,the bits are guaranteed for life. If you want to pay the postage for a single bit? I need to check that out.

Blog Entries
    "Yes but the products in question are not bits but screwdrivers."

A screwdriver bit in a screwdriver handle made to hold bits, of which there are many made by Wera and other companies, is not a screwdriver? I found sets of single bit screwdrivers with the lazer etch. I gave up looking for sets of single bit diamond screwdrivers as there are many, many pages of Wera screwdriver products. There are some Wera sale pages that come up on Amazon Prime that go to other sites, Amazon related, that may have single bit sets, if that is what you want.

Blog Entries
    Wife & I needed to go into town today so looked for these at the Borgs. Lowes had a philips and slot screws set by Stanley. I didn't purchase either.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holbrook View Post
    "Yes but the products in question are not bits but screwdrivers."

A screwdriver bit in a screwdriver handle made to hold bits, of which there are many made by Wera and other companies, is not a screwdriver? I found sets of single bit screwdrivers with the lazer etch. I gave up looking for sets of single bit diamond screwdrivers as there are many, many pages of Wera screwdriver products. There are some Wera sale pages that come up on Amazon Prime that go to other sites, Amazon related, that may have single bit sets, if that is what you want.
    There is a difference. I don't like drivers with interchangeable bits except for the boat or Jeep tool kits where compactness is an issue. The bits get lost, or worse- they fall out and land in the worst possible places, like the intake plenum on your car. Experience speaks here.

I just did an online chat with the dude at Chadstoolbox.com. He said the diamond-coated Kraftform screwdrivers were discontinued 10 years or so ago. I cannot find mention on WERA's website of this product either. Everyone sells Wera's diamond coat screwdriver bits, but not the drivers.

They are available in tool speciality stores and online here in Japan, so I must assume that WERA has a different marketing strategy for the US.

http://www.pro-tools.info/cathand/li...29784-0-0.html http://www.haratool.jp/SHOP/wera-50sph-0.html

Here is a link to a page that says that Sear Craftsman and Stanley (Lowes) both have some sort of diamond coated screwdrivers, perhaps "simulated."

An alternative would be to use Wera's diamond coated bits in a handle.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    Stan, I don't want to rock the boat here but are you sure these are genuine Wera tools? I know about the Diamond coated bits but I've never seen a Kraftform screwdriver like this. I've checked the US, UK and Germany Wera sites as well as Amazon DE and there's no mention of them. Wera tend to use light blue to indicate stainless, green for the standard drivers, yellow for the heavy duty buggers and red for the VDE ones. The colour of yours look almost royal blue.

Anyway, as long as they work that's the main thing. I also bought my first Wera Kraftform from Lee Valley.
    I just did an online chat with the dude at Chadstoolbox.com. He said the diamond-coated Kraftform screwdrivers were discontinued 10 years or so ago. I cannot find mention on WERA's website of this product either. Everyone sells Wera's diamond coat screwdriver bits, but not the drivers.

They are available in tool speciality stores and online here in Japan, so I must assume that WERA has a different marketing strategy for the US.

http://www.pro-tools.info/cathand/li...29784-0-0.html http://www.haratool.jp/SHOP/wera-50sph-0.html

Here is a link to a page that says that Sear Craftsman and Stanley (Lowes) both have some sort of diamond coated screwdrivers, perhaps "simulated."

An alternative would be to use Wera's diamond coated bits in a handle.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Covington View Post
    Makes sense then. From what I could see from your pics they looked like normal Wera but I had never seen them in the catalogs. Excellent company with brilliant products.