Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime Problems

I have been using Prime for about a year at work. I was curious so I just checked and I have placed 89 orders in the past six months. Of that I have had three significant problems. We have a store in SoCal that needed a new TV. We shipped a tv to them twice, both times it was returned to Amazon as undeliverable. Both times they tried to deliver it before the store opened, and the store is in a mall. Pretty obvious what time the mall stores open isn't it? The first time they tried to deliver the tv at 9:30, the second time at 9:42. The mall opens at 10.

The other item was a ladder that I needed in CO quickly, so paid for overnight shipping. It arrived three days later. They refunded the shipping with no issues at all. What does annoy me is that to reach someone live, it is a royal pain.

Oh, we did have one more problem. I ordered 350 sets of small screw drivers. They let me order and pay for them all, yet they only had 150 of them on hand. I was promised during a phone call that they rest would be in stock in ten days. Three weeks later they finally arrived.

Still not many issues for the number of orders placed. For the convenience of sitting at my desk and ordering in items for stores throughout the US, it is worth it.

I've seen many more late deliveries since Amazon contracted with the USPS for many of their deliveries. I only order items sold and fulfilled by Amazon and marked Prime, yet they rarely seem to get the items to me in two days any more. It never used to be a problem with a mix of UPS and FedEx. I have virtually everything delivered to my office in a Milwaukee suburb, so it's not like it has to go to the boonies. Amazon has a 1,000,000 sq ft distribution center about 40 minutes from my office. You'd think they could deliver on time. I won't necessarily cancel my Prime membership, but I am not planning on renewing it, either.

Isn't that what I said in 2 or 3 previous posts. it is marked PRIME and it states 2DAY shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Henderson View Post
    The only things that qualify for Prime 2-day shipping are those things that are specifically marked Prime on the site. It isn't everything.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

At times I use an outside supplier. I have two orders now placed through them. One is way overdue but that's not Amazon's fault anymore than it's eBay's fault when sellers there don't promptly ship. I was uncertain if the original poster even had a Prime membership. Our farm is in the city where a large warehouse is located and we get 1 day service regularly.

Ordered May 12th aririved today

Here I for got I ordered this LOL
    SOLD BY SHIPPED BY AMAZON PRIME I ordered this 6 days ago just got here this afternoon.amazon prime.jpgdelikvery.jpg Remember they have a warehouse less then 50 miles from my house.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

6 days ago? not by any shipping standard as business days are Mon-Fri.
    If you ordered in stock items before the cut off on May12, two day delivery would be yesterday. If ordered after the shipping cut off on May 12, two day would mean delivery today - the day you received it.
    Look at the Tracking on UPS, it will show you the delivery tracking.

I'm not saying you haven't had some problems but some of these seem your interpretation of their terms. Even if the item was in stock and you ordered in time to ship that day and counted the weekend days, it would still only be 5 days from Thursday to Tuesday, not "six days ago". Does anyone else think they aren't doing a great job?
    Last edited by Greg R Bradley; 05-17-2016 at 9:38 PM.

That explains it, the picture that is. You didn't select the Amazon Prime version. The only one covered by Prime is the one-time purchase. You ordered through regular Amazon. You have to be cautious of that.

So all these guys saying they get delivery on Saturday and Sunday they don't count I guess I have to wait the weekend. I guess its all irrelevant anyway I've had the service for almost a month and it stinks as far as I'm concerned I dropped the prime.Case is closed I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    6 days ago? not by any shipping standard as business days are Mon-Fri.
    If you ordered in stock items before the cut off on May12, two day delivery would be yesterday. If ordered after the shipping cut off on May 12, two day would mean delivery today - the day you received it.
    Look at the Tracking on UPS, it will show you the delivery tracking.

I'm not saying you haven't had some problems but some of these seem your interpretation of their terms. Even if the item was in stock and you ordered in time to ship that day and counted the weekend days, it would still only be 5 days from Thursday to Tuesday, not "six days ago". Does anyone else think they aren't doing a great job?
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    That explains it, the picture that is. You didn't select the Amazon Prime version. The only one covered by Prime is the one-time purchase. You ordered through regular Amazon. You have to be cautious of that.
    Yep, he didn't order the Prime product. I just looked it up. If ordered at 2:39 AM on 5/18/16, my delivery date would be 5/27/16.

They do deliveries on Saturday and Sunday but "Two Day Shipping" on Prime means two business days, Mon-Fri. I'm guessing Amazon says that specifically if you look at the details for Prime Shipping. I've noticed they quote an expected delivery date on each item on each order. All other "Two Day Shipping from UPS, Fedex, Ontrac, DHL, etc. seem to use the same Mon-Fri to count "days".

Amazon got the USPS to deliver on Sundays so people can get their stuff faster.
    Fedex "Home" seems to deliver on Saturdays at no extra cost and seem to make their work week Tues-Sat. The same drivers deliver to business Mon-Fri.
    In both cases, this gets your delivery early, getting something on Sat or Sun that would have been delivered Monday normally.

I'm not sure you can tell from the pic if you ordered the Prime version of the item. The link for the item in your orders page just takes you back to the item but shows the current versions of that item. It doesn't show which vendor/version you ordered. If you go to the details on that order, it will show you the vendor and price you actually paid but I still don't think it spells out if it was Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W Johnson View Post
    Yep, he didn't order the Prime product. I just looked it up. If ordered at 2:39 AM on 5/18/16, my delivery date would be 5/27/16.
    And Amazon always tells you when you're going to get it. If it says you'll get it in 8 days, that doesn't mean 2 days if you're a Prime member. If you're getting it in 2 days, they'll tell you that you're getting it in 2 days. This is just a case of unrealistic expectations from someone who clearly doesn't understand how Prime works and is blaming Amazon for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    They do deliveries on Saturday and Sunday but "Two Day Shipping" on Prime means two business days, Mon-Fri. I'm guessing Amazon says that specifically if you look at the details for Prime Shipping. I've noticed they quote an expected delivery date on each item on each order. All other "Two Day Shipping from UPS, Fedex, Ontrac, DHL, etc. seem to use the same Mon-Fri to count "days".
    With Sunday delivery now you can order from Amazon on Friday evening and get your delivery on Sunday.

I just ordered from Amazon a new oil drain plug that should arrive tomorrow. They had a deal for $15 off when purchased with Discover card so I added other stuff to my order to take advantage of that deal. I also saw a deal for $10 off a Prime Now order (2 hour delivery) so I ordered $20 worth of food that they had on sale. (Sale prices lower than grocery store.) I saved 50% over grocery store prices with the promo. The order literally just delivered as I was typing this.

I am on a 30 day Prime trial with no intention of actually paying for Prime.

u might try jet.com out for online shopping i just ordered 5x 150oz of tide for $67 33% less then i pay usually. they offer 15% off your first 3 orders.

I dropped Prime a couple of years ago when they increased the cost and added services I or don't need or want, my 2 day delivery was actually 3 to 4 days at least 1/2 the time. I don't order nearly as much from Amazon as I did and if I do it is usually stuff that I am not in any hurry for and I wait until it adds up to $50, when I order this way it is usually delivered by a very pleasant and cheerful UPS driver. My son and daughter still have Prime and when they send a gift or something to us using their Prime it usually comes by Fedex, whose driver is to lazy to drive down the driveway and deliver the package to the house but instead tosses the package out on the side of the road or if he is in a really good mood he brings it about 20 to 30 feed down the drive way and puts it right in the middle of the drive.

AS LONG AS THEY KEEP USING FEDEX THEY CAN BE SURE I WILL NEVER USE PRIME AGAIN.

I thought fedx was suppose to deliver to the house. I would complain and tell them your not getting your deliveries

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Lovell View Post
    I dropped Prime a couple of years ago when they increased the cost and added services I or don't need or want, my 2 day delivery was actually 3 to 4 days at least 1/2 the time. I don't order nearly as much from Amazon as I did and if I do it is usually stuff that I am not in any hurry for and I wait until it adds up to $50, when I order this way it is usually delivered by a very pleasant and cheerful UPS driver. My son and daughter still have Prime and when they send a gift or something to us using their Prime it usually comes by Fedex, whose driver is to lazy to drive down the driveway and deliver the package to the house but instead tosses the package out on the side of the road or if he is in a really good mood he brings it about 20 to 30 feed down the drive way and puts it right in the middle of the drive.

AS LONG AS THEY KEEP USING FEDEX THEY CAN BE SURE I WILL NEVER USE PRIME AGAIN.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander