Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite fastcap stuff...

Your favorite fastcap stuff...

I was getting ready to put in an order at Fastcap. Just wondering what people's favorite little gems are...

Personally I like their flatback measuring tapes, 3rd hand poles, kaizen foam, flush cut trimmers...and probably some other stuff that doesn't immediately come to mind.

I use their CA glue and accelerator a lot. I had a ton of small mitered baseboard trim pieces in our master bath remodel. I glued sections of trim up and then fit them to the wall. Once in place I popped in some finish nails to hold as backup to the glue. As walls are never perfectly straight, plumb, and square this enabled me to have perfectly tight miters. Way fast too.

I also use their cabinet hanging screws, nice large head and designed for shear loads.

I like the Glu-Bot and wouldn't mind getting a 10 Million Dollar Stick.
    ~Garth

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post
    I use their CA glue and accelerator a lot. I had a ton of small mitered baseboard trim pieces in our master bath remodel. I glued sections of trim up and then fit them to the wall. Once in place I popped in some finish nails to hold as backup to the glue. As walls are never perfectly straight, plumb, and square this enabled me to have perfectly tight miters. Way fast too.

I also use their cabinet hanging screws, nice large head and designed for shear loads.
    Ah yes, I forgot about the 2P-10! I have been meaning to stick some of that in my next order for exactly the purpose you mentioned. Thanks for the reminder...I would have forgotten otherwise!

I have had a Glu-bot for years, and I also got one of their left-handed tape measures recently.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Almgren View Post
    I like the Glu-Bot and wouldn't mind getting a 10 Million Dollar Stick.
    I like the glu-bot too...and yes, was toying with throwing the 10M stick into my order.

Well, so far I have two of their tape measures, the flush cutters, the gluebot and their edge banding trimmer. Havent seen anything else I thought was worth picking up, but those items so far have been great.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I've actually used some Fastcaps

Speed clips hold all of my tapes, don't use the sharpeners much tho

jack of all trade (3rd hand stuff) gets used often enough, works for those last few floor boards against a wall and tweaking cabinets now and again.

Third hands for dust mitigation, laser leveling, propping up/adjusting cabinets, holding work lights, etc.

Speed tape holds clear splinter guards on my Festool tracks

Fastool not only for trimming edge/face banding but layout for euro hinge screw holes

I have one of there 10 Million Dollar Sticks (the old wood handle kind) and like it a lot. They just came out with a new one that seems just as good from the pictures.
    Last edited by richard poitras; 05-18-2016 at 7:42 PM.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Flush Cuts👍🏻

Haven't got it yet, but look forward to getting some of those stick on zero clearance insert tapes for the chop saw. They look like they will be very usefull.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I just discovered Fast Cap and as I live close decided to go to the factory. As I drove around the building I didn't notice a sign saying "store" or something indicating they sold retail and almost left.then I decided to go into the office and ask. It's not fancy but they do have ALL the stuff on display. Staff was really nice and I asked if they had shopping carts. The girl gave me a hand basket.I said, I was hoping for a shopping cart that I could lean on as I have bad knees.lol. She got me one of their order picking carts and I spent the next hour "shopping". I didn't realize there were so many items I didn't know I needed. Cool place, nice people and neat stuff. And they had a box of "free" samples.

Quote Originally Posted by fRED mCnEILL View Post
    I just discovered Fast Cap and as I live close decided to go to the factory.
    You live near Ferndale fRED? I drive by their new building every work day. I've never stopped in though.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Haven't got it yet, but look forward to getting some of those stick on zero clearance insert tapes for the chop saw. They look like they will be very usefull.
    Have these and they are great.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I had no idea they were based in Washington... Just drove past it on Saturday on my way to/from Blaine!
    ~Garth