Thread: Bandsaw virus?

Bandsaw virus?

So yesterday needed to make a few simple cuts, right?

Go to my Jet 12" bandsaw start it up, 1" into the cut and it starts jumping. Bottom tire came off and got chewed up.

OK, I go to my other 19" Rikon, turn it on, notice the blade is twitching like there's a kink in it. It's a fairly new resaw blade, too and was find the last time I used it last week.

I notice the guide bearing are WAY off. ?????

Nobody uses my shop but me...................now I'm wondering if I am having a night visitor.

:-D Have a good one!
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 05-19-2016 at 2:33 PM. Reason: objectionable text removed

I hear Robert,I have weird stuff happen in my shop alot.I buy pencils by the boat load I'm always looking for a pencil.And why don't ever remember sharpening short ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    I buy pencils by the boat load I'm always looking for a pencil.
    You too, huh? I go through a cord of pencils in a year, I think. Never have one handy when I need it, either.

Robert, I think gremlins sneak into our shops at night and wreak all kinds of havoc.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

It may be the nite shift goofing off. I know my nite shift never sweeps the floor..... <grin>
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

Blog Entries
    Band Saw Tires don't just come off. Someone is screwing with you and that kind could be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    You too, huh? I go through a cord of pencils in a year, I think. Never have one handy when I need it, either.

Robert, I think gremlins sneak into our shops at night and wreak all kinds of havoc.
    I'm glad it's not just me. I always joke I must have a Magical Pencil Stealing Fairy in the shop. What I really need is a Magical Shop Cleaning Fairy, but can't seem to find one.
    Bill R., somewhere in Maine

I'm having a similar problem in the house. I find the milk jug in the cupboard with the glasses, the water running in the sink, and the front door open. When i review the security tape i only see me in the house. I am beginning to get really spooked. Or forgetful.