Thread: Carter Tools Band Saw Guides - micro adjust version?

Carter Tools Band Saw Guides - micro adjust version?

Was about to order a Carter Tools Band saw guide for my 14" Delta band saw with a riser block installed. Went to the Carter website and discovered two things:

1) They have versions for the Delta saw with and without the riser block installed. (not stated on the Rockler website where I was about to order). I'll order the one from Carter that is designed for the Delta saw with the riser block.

2) Carter sells a standard as well as a "micro-adjust" version. The micro-adjust version is $30 more. This has me a little confused. Seems like the standard version would be fine but wonder if anyone has experience or knowledge of the new "microadjust" version.

TIA

I have the Jet version and would like to get carter guides someday too. Thanks for finding out there was a difference. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Just order the standard version. Concerned that I would not be able to adequately hand tighten the "micro adjust" version.

Received the standard version Band Saw Guides yesterday and installed them today. Wasn't that hard though I had to do some head scratching to figure out how to remove my saw's table. It's supposed to be easy but I couldn't figure out how to remove the two back screws until it occurred to me to simply tilt the table. After that, installation took about half an hour. Pretty impressed with the product quality and the band saws blade is much more tightly adjusted.
    Also ordered the Carter Quick Release to quickly tension and detension the blade. It also took about half an hour to install. The quick release works great and I'm really glad I bought that too.

When you are looking at and considering buying from Carter Products pick up the phone and call them. Kim in customer service can answer many of you questions. If she cannot Kris in engineering will be able to help