Thread: Mast-R-Lift II Not Flat

Mast-R-Lift II Not Flat

I just got the lift today and it has ripples or waves in the face of the plate. Seems to me someone wrote about this recently. I can't find the thread can someone point me to the thread. Every search I do gives me stuff that is a year old or more. I would like to know what happened with his.
    Last edited by Chuck Hart; 05-27-2016 at 11:44 PM.

That has to be frustrating after spending a bunch on it.

I assume you contacted the company. What did they say.

Blog Entries
    If it looks like mine, you are seeing the machining marks, where they faced the plate perfectly flat. If so it's normal, all machined surfaces will show some pattern left from the tool.

These machining marks are well under .001" and are not decernable other than visually

I have six of these lifts and they are all dead flat. Do you have a quality straight edge you can check it with? I suspect you are seeing the surface of the plate after machining vs. it actually not being flat.

The face plate had ridges in it that I could feel. They looked almost like waves or ripples in the surface and you could feel the ridges at the hole for the router. I bought it through Amazon and it was delivered through Valley Mountain Tools. Amazon already refunded my money and I am going to buy it through another company.

Chuck, Can you post a photo?