Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation of Ductwork for a Clear Vue Cyclone

Installation of Ductwork for a Clear Vue Cyclone

I hung all my ducting in one day using some 36 inch long zip ties and screw on bases that I made but they can be found online to fit that size zip tie..http://www.waytekwire.com/item/21243...ng-Base-White/. I used about 15 total and I screwed boards to wall to hold system up more permenantly. Also if you have enough ceiling height to allow a split on the wall instead of putting them all on the main trunk it will allow less turbulance as there is half as many drops on the main trunk. I still have some work to do on connecting the machines and a support brace is needed above table saw but its coming together nicely.

McMasterCarr ASTM 2729 Fittings According to those prices i have close to 1200 in my ductwork for 10 machines and a couple extra drops available.
    15 Wyes @ 24.30 = 364.60
    14 - 45's @ 12.33 = 172.62
    3 - 90's @ 21.71 = 65.13
    100' 6 in.@ 32.05 = 320.05
    10 Gates @ 15.00 = 150.00
    25' 4 in Hose = 45.00
    10' 6 in Hose = 65.00

Matt
    IMG_0988.jpgIMG_0991.jpgIMG_0993.jpgIMG_1322.jpgIMG_1310.jpgIMG_1311.jpgIMG_1316.jpgIMG_1315.jpg

Last edited by Matt Morgano; 07-17-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Added Picture

Nice installation, Matt! Your shop sure looks a lot better organized than when I saw it a few years ago! Say "Hi!" to your Dad for me. Hope he is still enjoying his retirement after selling his company a few years ago (out of curiosity, are you still involved with the new owners?). Look forward to hearing from you one of these days -- I've got about 265 customers for that system I showed you back then... I'll let you divulge those stories if you want...

Looks good.
    Isn't that a pretty sharp 90 in the corner?

Yes I still help them and yes its a long sweep 90 or the longer one of the 2 sold at mcmastercarr. Plenty of suction to handle a 90 especially since i only have 6 drops off the main line from the last gate.....instead of 12. There is a ton of suction although I wouldn't recommend using a lot of 90's. I still have to hook up miter saw, lathe and drill press which means making pickups. I hope to get my meter out and test air quality this weekend on the machines that are hooked up to see if they will need more mods than I already have. Are you still having meeting in Asheville? I am ready to visit and learn some stuff now that the shop is almost complete. I may make some videos showing the machines in action with dylos meter....It may help someone.
    Last edited by Matt Morgano; 07-18-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Nice and professional installation. My shop has never been that neat and organized. I bet it is a productive work environment.

Bill

Matt, when I saw this thread your name looked familiar, then it clicked! I bought the second clearvue system that was in your Dads old shop years ago, right before he retired. System is still going strong! Say hi to your Dad. And, your shop looks great, I'm envious of all that space!

Matt,

Western NC Woodworkers Association meets 2nd Saturday of the month at the new Klingspor's Woodworking Shop in Fletcher -- I can add your name to email list if you'd like.

Good use of a sweep 90 when no other option existed. I am suffering a bit -- right now my shop is a total mess and in process of a major reorganization, including new duct layout. I'm hoping I won't need any 90's -- have used paired 45's with about 8-10" straight section in the past or one 45 to finish a 90 from a turned up wye (my ductwork is all below my shop floor, which has a 6-10' crawlspace under it).

Matt,

It also took me a moment to connect your name with your Dad. I too was an early customer of Ed Morgano and I am forever grateful for all of his help (including one Saturday night) when I was working through my install.

Your Dad exemplified how a business should be run: standing behind your products based on common sense and honesty (not by reading the fine print on a piece of paper) and a respect for each customer's needs.

I wish him good health and fun in retirement.

Yep, Your Dad came down here to Cumming, GA to help me out with my CV. Very impressive. A real gentleman.

Was it essential for him to come down (ie-was the problem, which I forget, that big a deal?)? No-but he did.

Best wishes to you and yours. I'm glad the company is back in this part of the country.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Robert,
    I would like to be on the email list and I ran out of 45's and had 3 extra 90's so I used them.

Thanks guys for all the kind words and I will pass this thread on to dad. We always tried to do what was right by our customers and that is what made the business successful. I hope the systems are still going strong and that you all are still happy with them. I would still have my original but I left it in my old shop when I sold the house so
    Paul was kind enough to hook me up with a new one...old pipe and fittings came with me(which saved some cash).

Matt

I'll be sure to include you in our next meeting announcement. I need to get down to see Paul again and maybe stop to see you and your Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Payne View Post
    I'll be sure to include you in our next meeting announcement. I need to get down to see Paul again and maybe stop to see you and your Dad.
    Robert,
    That sounds great.

Matt

Thanks for this, Matt.

I'm starting to plan a new DC system, and this really helps.

You're Welcome.....I hope it helps some......I still have to modify some machine ports.