Hello again Creekers!

My birthday is coming up and I'm trying to help my girlfriend decide how much I'm worth. It's appearing that we will have to agree to disagree, but let's say I have about a $600 limit.

My Roubo should be finished fairly soon, and so that means I won't have many excuses left for why I'm not actually doing woodworking. I currently have a LV LA Jack plane, and a LV large router plane. I was thinking of asking for a LV BU jointer plane, and a LV DX60 block plane. Rob Lee, if you are reading this..I will offer my services to do whatever is necessary to get a NX60. If it will require breaking the law, just PM me and use the code word "cacophony". I would sincerely love to throw my money at you for this plane.

I don't have a powered jointer, although I think I'll end up with one eventually. I'm also pretty terrible with hand planing at the moment, but I just got some David Charlesworth dvds - thanks to another thread on these forums. I think the BU jointer from LV would make sense, but I'm finding myself pretty intrigued by the LN #8. I also have access to a lot of the LV planes from my friend, but I've never even held a LN. This may be part of the intrigue.

Help me decide! If I get the LN #8, I'd probably make the LN 60 1/2 my block plane. If I get the LV BU jointer, I'd probably go with the DX60. Unless a NX60 falls out of the sky 'wink wink', in which case I'm getting a tattoo that says Veritas..and will pledge my undying loyalty and first born son to Rob Lee.