Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They are Baaaack!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Fisher View Post
    I've been hearing about these for over a year now and think I'd like to try some.

I haven't been able to find them online would anyone have a good link?

Barring that, if there is anyone near an Aldi's that could help me out, let me know.
    I wonder if anyone can compare these to the Windsor chisel set at Harbor Freight for $10. The HF set has more chisels.

I looked at the HF set but didn't purchase since there are already too many beater chisels in my shop.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Had a set from H-F long time ago.....not the same as the Aldi brand chisels....

Was in H-F today, and looked at their set......not even close to the Aldis one..

Guys, I think these chisels are made by Narex, because they work up just like my Narex did. Same concave area on the back and the whole gambit. They even look and feel like Narex. Let us know what you think. These are some nice chisels for what they go for.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

4. Narex are made in the Czech Republic. The Aldi chisels are made in China--it says so right on the package. Neither the cut of the sides of the chisels nor the shape of the handles are the same as my Narex chisels.

Visited my local Aldi's..Plenty of files but no Chisels,,,
    Jerry

they don't stock all that many...one case is about it. When that sells out, they are done.

Warren,
    China never has played fair in the world market. They will buy from an out source then claim they produced it. They have been caught at it. I can't remember when or where at the moment, which becomes a downer for my statement. Sorry!
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe