Thread: Festool Surfix - Comments/Experience anyone?

Festool Surfix - Comments/Experience anyone?

A few interior projects coming up that will require an oil finish. Some horizontal flat surfaces to do but some verticals and small faces too.
    Been a long time user of Waterlox Original and Watco. As with all they have their learning curves and +/-. I like them both but the long dry time for Waterlox can be a problem.

Wondering about the Surfix. I like that is intended to be polished with the Vlies pads within 15 minutes. That seems to make it a pretty
    straight path to good results. Am I kidding myself?

Thanks for any productive comments especially from users. Looking forward to the feedback and/or reviews.
    Last edited by Sam Murdoch; 06-04-2016 at 8:30 AM.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

One Green Kool Aid that no one wants to drink huh?

Never mind I just spent an hour over at the FOG reading the Suffix related posts. I am convinced that there is no advantage to using this system/oil over my tried and true techniques and products. Maybe a great table /bar top finish but otherwise considering - the expense, the clean up issues, and the not any better than other oils on details or vertical applications - I will pass.

Still open to be persuaded otherwise but considering the silence to my 1st post above I won't be getting much by way of refutation.
    Last edited by Sam Murdoch; 06-04-2016 at 8:55 AM. Reason: NEVER MIND
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Not a lot of time for folks to respond...

Personally, I'm not familiar with that particular tool.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...