Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waymon is Back

Waymon is Back

Well it sure is nice to be back to the 'Creek after a more than six month absence. As some of you know I lost my mother in January. A week after that my younger sister Cyndi was diagnosed with a very rare cancer. So, I closed up shop and have been spending all my spare time at the hospital. As a family we decided that Cyndi would not spend one moment alone during her ordeal. So, we have been rotating shifts at the hospital these last six months.

Two months ago we all sat in a room at one of the premier cancer treatment hospital's in the world (M.D.Anderson in Houston) and were told that there was no possibility of survival. To those of you who have been in the same spot you can understand when I tell you that it felt as if all the air had been sucked out of the room.

Cyndi died on August 4th of a cancer whose name I cannot pronounce. She left behind a 17 year old daughter and a loving family. The last two months of her life were lived in terrible pain. She taught me a lot in those two months. Grace, dignity and caring are not words I use often, but they describe Cyndi precisely. Despite being in terrible pain, all she thought of was others. She worried about the toll her illness had taken on the family, she made plans for her own funeral from the same bed she would die in, she prayed with each of us, she laughed and cried with us, she made sure that her daughter would have a place to stay after she was gone,

It's only natural to have regrets after you lose a loved one. I am remembering all the missed birthday parties and other occasions when I was "too busy" to attend. I have relived all the hurried family get togethers when it seemed the focus was to get it over with so we could get on with life's business. I remember all the phone calls not returned or cut short. I'd give anything to have another hour to talk with her.

To anyone who reads this that has a loved one battling a terrible sickness I pray God's blessing on you and them.
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

Blog Entries
    Waymon,
    Good to have you back in the Creek.
    Sorry to hear about your loss of your mother and sister. Sorry to say I've been there to. Lost my mother 2 years ago and also lost a sister to cancer.

Take care.....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Waymon, welcome back. I hope that we can all help you smile a little...and perhaps dull the pain you have felt a little more. And I have to add that when I hear about experiences like you have described, it makes me appreciate the importance of the reasearch that my sweetie and so many others like her do every day. There is so much work to do before the big-C can be conquered...

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Hello Waymon, it is good to see your name again. Losing someone that you truly love is one of life’s greatest and most painful tests. Keep the faith.

Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Waymon I understand the pain that you are experienceing. We lost our granddaughter who was living with us several years ago. It's not a pleasant time in our lives. All we can do is trust in Jesus and carry on.

DK

Waymon, Great to have you back, Sorry to hear of all the pain you and your family have gone through. Sounds like your sister was very strong, I don't think she would want you to focus on the negative, but focus and remember the happy times.

May the Lord ease your pain my friend, be strong.
    Tony

Our deepest sympathies to you and your family in your tough year, Waymon. May your pain of loss be eased by the good memories you do have of your mother and sister.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Welcome back Waymon, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Welcome back, and my thoughts are with you.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

Welcome back Waymon, I am sorry to hear about the loss(es). Also, thank you for putting family events into perspective.

JOe

Wonderful to "see" you again, Waymon. My most sincere sympathy goes out to you and yours and know there's at least one prayer for you floating around out there.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Waymon, I'm glad to see you're back. So sorry to hear about your sister.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Waymon you are a great man! If only every family was like yours. I welcome you back to the creek and also give you my condolenses. It is very hard to lose someone you love.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Waymon......My sincere condolences for the loss of your mother and sister. I'm sure it's been a trying time for you and your family. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers. It's good to see you back at the Creek!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Waymon,
    I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother and sister. My sincere sympathy goes out to you and your family. God Bless.
    John