Thread: Watson! The Game is a-foot!

Watson! The Game is a-foot!

Now that the wood working project is completed, time to go out in search of some RUST!

Local factory allows it people an annual yard sale in the parking lot......Picked a few items there, maybe $20 spent total in that parking lot. The small stuff first....
    IMAG0001.jpgIMAG0002.jpgIMAG0003.jpg
    There was a black handle to complete the set in the white holder, another set of screwdrivers, a pair of screwdrivers, a metal index to hold some of my drill bits, a pair of clamps. The 24" one came from this parking lot sale, the 4" came from another sale we found on the way. 4" was $0.50.....oh and also at the parking lot sale...
    IMAG0006.jpgIMAG0005.jpg
    Was part of a deal for $20...the dog kennel was $15....and on the way home, stopped at another spot
    She had a pair of regular braces@ $20 each ( YIKES!) and this Millers Falls No.120 , also for a twenty...just could not talk her any lower on price
    IMAG0004.jpg
    Not too hateful a day, other than being in the 90s all day long. Post drill needs a few parts, or will be sold as a "Parts Drill" later. Kind of hard to find the right parts around here.
    Last edited by steven c newman; 06-12-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Hi Steven,

In his book on "Woodshop for Kids", Jack McKee talks about his hand drill press, and that the kids that he has taught love to use it. I've looked for one, but currently don't really have a place to set one up, but for grandkids I would figure something out, you know, where there's a will there's a way. At any rate, in this case definitely "Ya Did Good!"

Stew

This is one heavy drill...
    IMAG0001.jpg
    managed to get the drill part all freed up, and cleaned up..
    IMAG0004.jpg
    Holdall chuck? Three jaws looked good, springs were intact
    IMAG0007.jpg
    Took awhile, but got the shaft to work like it was supposed to. drive gear was frozen onto the shaft. It needs to slide along, as the advance lowers the drill bit.

Have it now listed, as there just isn't the room for this big guy...

On this Millers Falls No.120 drill....besides being very heavy......it is a two speed drill. You press a button, slide the drive shaft out, then back into the other space to change which gear you are using..
    breast drill.jpg
    Have the drive wheel de-rusted. New red paint applied, awaiting the black paint on other parts..
    These two wood handle screwdrivers..
    screwdrivers and index.jpg
    Have since cleaned the metal parts, one handle looks like a Stanley, the other not so much. Small ferrel one has an all black handle, but it isn't painted. The other is an orange and black.
    The metal box ($0.75!) is a drill index. I can round up some of my loose drill bits, and find out what size they are, before they get stored away in the index...
    The black handle in this picture was picked because it completes a set of Craftsman drivers..
    sets.jpg
    The yellow handled set is missing a couple. These have a fancy end on the shafts, that locks the shaft into the handle. No markings on this set.

The Heavy 4" clamp is from Wentsler Clamp Co.
    clamps.jpg
    That bolt is from the 24" F style clamp. Have the 4" one all cleaned up. There is a butterfly like handle to it.
    Not too bad a day. I did turn me nose up at a lot of other things....they were asking way too much.
    Last edited by steven c newman; 06-14-2016 at 11:54 AM.