Thread: David Charlesworth - squaring up stock

David Charlesworth - squaring up stock

There was a recent post regarding "can't get an edge sqaure" and someone mentioned the David Charlesworth video. Struggling with this myself, I purchased it and watched a few times...then applied the method for a recent project.

I must say David's approach works quite well for me. It gave me a different way to think about "flat" and a more measured way to go about it. Not to mention the cambered iron, which now resides in several of my planes.

If you read this David, thank you. It's made a big difference.

Phil

Phil,

Delighted you found it helpful.

Best wishes,
    David

Blog Entries
    I have "Drawer Making" and "Chisel Techniques" by David. I was looking at others at LN and just found David's home page. I am wondering which one covers this topic? I also view most books on an iPad or my notebook in recent years. LN offers "Streaming" but I think that is temporary access not a download.

It's Hand Plane Techniques Part 2 - Hand Planing. I purchased the streaming video, and as far as I know, it will always be available through "my account" on the Lie Nielsen site.

Blog Entries
    I had a bad experience with streaming video. I like viewing my books on my iPad. One devise carries all my books/videos. I can read in the dark, increase print/screen size, change colors/contrast....

I also wonder what happens when LN and anyone else who uses streaming video moves to the next way of offering videos and books. Apple & Lost Art Press just make a download available which is the way I see it going. I'm not sure how much protection from thievery streaming provides vs a download. Hackers these days do not seem to have much trouble piercing veils.