Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vases

1. hey.......'ya done good Dayrl! These look pretty good!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Nice job Daryl. I especially like the last one for form and figure. Better than my first effort Bang all over the shop.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    hey.......'ya done good Dayrl! These look pretty good!
    Thanks much Roger. I love giving the GO766 a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dok Yager View Post
    Nice job Daryl. I especially like the last one for form and figure. Better than my first effort Bang all over the shop.

Thanks Dok, I had one of those "bangs" as well on my second attempt. Seems I cut just a tad too deep nearing the bottom and cut it completely in half. Now I see why some use a laser, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by daryl moses View Post
    Thanks. The tall walnut is 10x6, short walnut is 5x7, maple is 8x5, and the sycamore is 9x51/2.
    And yes i'm sure it is sycamore. I accidently "knocked" it down when I fell the maple. It is light colored but the light color is because most of it is sapwood, the bottom is darker because I was just starting to cut into the heartwood. I made a twig pot out of the same log section and cut most of the sapwood away which revealed more of the color that is associated with sycamore. For sycamore it doesn't show much grain that you typically see though.
    BTW, they are all finished with several coats of Tung oil.
    That makes sense. I usually turn sycamore where I get the cross-grain lace pattern so it looked a little different. Very nice form and wood though!