Thread: Gloss white that engraves black?

Gloss white that engraves black?

Hey guys,

Anybody know of a gloss white material that engraves black? Tried rowmark lacquer, but didn't realize it wasn't for lasers (whoops). Not having much luck finding anything else.

I was thinking I could buy black acrylic, and spray it gloss white, but that seems pretty labor intensive for what I'm going to be doing. If there is a metal or acrylic solution, that'd be ideal.

Thanks in advance.
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w
    Kern HSE 50x100 - 400w (rated at 479w!)

Nevermind! Found some.
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w
    Kern HSE 50x100 - 400w (rated at 479w!)

"LazerBlak" laserable aluminum comes in white and lasers black JDS ITEM NUMBER ALUM394 Pg 426
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

For GLOSS white (not sure if laserable aluminum is glossy) go to Lowe's Depot and pick up a can of white appliance epoxy spray paint. I've done just what you're talking about with black appliance paint over clear plex when Rowmark stopped making black/clear Slicker in 1/32" thick for awhile (this was years ago)...

And I can attest to the white, as I painted our ancient avocado green oven door with the white about 5 years ago-
    I just took these pics- this stuff goes on great, if I can keep it from running anyone can! No need to sand the plastic either...
    Just need to paint in a relatively dust-free area. And wear old clothes, and a long sleeve shirt,
    epoxy overspray is stick-eee!

DSC05100.jpgDSC05102.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Hi Jay,
    Did you get advice on not engraving the lacquers? I've been lasering that for years, Yes it takes 3 passes to cut through
    but i assumed that was the only reason why people don't use it. The Textures is better only 2 passes but
    of course it's not gloss.
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K
    Dalgren 2516i, Epilog Fusion Pro 120W

What did you find Jay?
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition