Thread: New reality show based around hand tools

Blog Entries

New reality show based around hand tools

I was chatting with a guy who says he's in development for a competitive type reality show. It's probably for HG or something. The idea is that contestants are given a project and only the most primitive tools. If they win, they get better tools.

I suggested that he change the concept and, instead of awarding tools, he upgrades them to tools of a later era. So they start out with what a journeyman would have in the 1500's. They they work their way up through history. He thought it was a good idea so I'm pretty sure he doesn't really know what he's doing.

I have no idea if it would go anyplace and, frankly, I don't like the idea that the winner gets an advantage. To me, the thing would be won and lost in the first round. But I don't much care since I don't watch reality TV anyway.

What I do like would be to give the assignments and give all contestants tools from some era. Let'em figure out what a scorp and a froe are.

Just thought I would share.

It's an interesting concept. There are reality shows where contestants make knives, swords, and the likes. I wonder how many folks would be interested in a woodworking tool show though.