Thread: Lesson Learned?

Lesson Learned?

The day after Katrina hit I filled up my van. I figured that the refineries were shut down so the price would go up. Paid $2.74 a gallon. It lasted me 3 weeks.
    I do get 27 mpg. Filled up Saturday at $2.73 per gallon. Not bad.

On my way home from work tonight (9:15PM) all 10 gas stations I pass on the way home were packed, some with lines in the street. The highest price I saw was $2.86, lowest $2.69. Do you think people have figured it out. Big storm - Lot of refineries in path - OMG -prices go up!

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Plough; 09-23-2005 at 12:00 AM.
    Mark

Opps--BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!

It seems any hiccup even remotely related to the energy industry will jack the price 15¢ - 30¢ per gallon almost immediately. If were lucky, it might come back down 10¢
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce, exactly! All though I will say that the prices around here are lower than the month before Katrina. I am sure that will change...
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Unhappy Gas Prices

If you're not already full, I'd get gas today. It's the lowest in weeks,
    $2.83-$2.89 at here in Bellevue (Seattle area). They are talking $4-5/gallon
    by next week if this storm in Texas knocks out the refineries. Good luck to
    all of you in the Gulf area!

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thursday-- Channel 5, a news person said, "Price gouging by the oil companies is not ilegal under Federal Law, and you can expect $4-$5 gas in some places."
    Jerry

Here in my little corner of the world, where the nearest refinery is 30 miles away and hurricanes are at worst six or more hundreds of miles away, some fools started spreading rumors of gas prices in neighboring towns in the $4 to $7 range. It wasn't true, but every station in town had lines and some ran out of gas. THAT will raise the price if nothing else. This morning most of the pumps were open and prices were anywhere from 2.69 (pre Rita price) to 2.89 to 2.97. I assume they will all be at least 2.84 when I get back to town. At least for a short while we actually have stations with different prices--most of the time it is one price at all stations. This morning we stopped in a small town to get a paper and there were two stations with a 20 cent price difference. All the cars and trucks were at the more expensive station, so I asked my coworker why?

They have much better food.
    Bb