Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rowmark Terminates Distribution Arrangement with JDS Industries

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    True... BUT It's more expensive, you don't get the 10 sheet discount, and slower shipping. There is a discount, but it's like a zillion sheets. I did recently try Gemini - OK, I was desperate. It cut like butter. Engraved like crap. Took multiple passes for a decent engraving. Yes it was the laser engravable plastic. I had thought it was my system & tried a piece of standard RowMark. It engraved normally. I guess after I run out of this crappy Gemini, I'll be paying the higher price and waiting longer for shipments. Sad.

Rowmark still has the best product, but lousy business sense.

Wow Tim,

I was at trade show couple weeks ago where Gemini was running Helix engraving red/white and blue white laser sheets and it engraved with excellent results.
    Picked up some sample pieces and tried them my self with Speedy 300 and results are perfect.

As for Rowmark having best product............Have you tried IPI? I think IPI may be at the top of them all.

BTW, I buy only Trotec sheets stock for last 3-4 years unless they don't have a specific color. Price in line with Gemini, delivered next day free of charge to my location.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    As for Rowmark having best product............Have you tried IPI? I think IPI may be at the top of them all.
    Doesn't Rowmark own IPI now as well?
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Leavitt View Post
    Doesn't Rowmark own IPI now as well?

Yes, but IPI facilities are still same location and products are made same way as before buyout according to local rep.
    Xenetech 1625 x2,

I'm with Tony.

I've used IPI from Johnsons for over 15 years. It cuts and engraves great and it comes in .030" as I use a lot of that.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

We have switched to Gemini from LaserMax and the results are very good. Engraving and vectoring with no problems using the same settings.
    Epilog Lasers

There is another source for this stuff---

http://www.gravograph.us/engraving-s...book/index.php

Only problem is, to my knowledge you can only buy it from New Hermes dealers-- but if you happen to have a place nearby that sells Gravograph/New Hermes stuff, it'll probably be pretty reasonable sans shipping costs.

And it's not 'iffy' stuff, it's top notch. The only reason I buy Romark is price, Delvies is cheaper than my local NH rep.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev,

I do buy some gravograph sheets that no one else makes. Quality is top notch as you said.

There are only two suppliers that I know of sell both Rowmark and Gemini sheet stock.........Delvies and Hansen Supply.
    That may change if Rowmark cuts them off.
    Xenetech 1625 x2,

Funny that Delvies sells all those brands, I only wish they'd stock something besides Rowmark in the store!

If I want IPI I have to wait for it, and until this thread I never heard of Gemini, or knew that Delvies sold it...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Thanks Kev! Delvie's Plastics is still running strong with engraving materials from Rowmark and Duets by Gemini, along with our massive inventory of color and clear cast acrylic.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 10-21-2016 at 12:24 PM. Reason: link to employer's site

Thanks for the shout out Kev. Delvie's Plastics is still a Rowmark distributor.
    Shipping is a bid deal now that UPS and FedEx Ground is charging a surcharge of $10.50 over and above the regular shipping charge on all packages over 48". When shipping you will be better off using 24" x 24" or smaller.
    Keep in mind when ordering online that you will get the best bang for your buck by adding a few extra items to achieve the best volume discounts.

I read a lot of the threads but didn't have time to read them all but did scan through for MARCO. Marco bought Rowmark/IPI. JDS and Marco being competitors is why I would say JDS lost the product. This is what I was told a little while back. Right now Marco is the exclusive distributor for Rowmark.
    Last edited by John Frazee; 10-25-2016 at 12:34 PM.

I don't think either of those statements are true. Yes, Marco is a Rowmark distributor. They do not however own Rowmark (unless this happened within the last month). Marco also is not the "exclusive" distributor. An sample of the SE US region distributors: http://www.rowmark.com/distributor/n.../southeast.asp
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

John

I don't believe your information is accurate.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I just checked my 2016 Marco catalog -- it's 674 pages, and only 9 pages ( pages 12-20 ) are dedicated to engraving laminates, all of which are IPI...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Have either of you done any digging or just making statements? I have talked to two different people at Marco today and they both told me THEY are exclusive with Rowmark and no one else can sell it. Call them and ask if you don't believe me. 800-229-6592.