Thread: Workshop: Dedication and a Tribute

Workshop: Dedication and a Tribute

This workshop project is a step of a decades long dream and desire. I've always wanted a dedicated space to play woodworker, but always put family and friends first. We are at a point in our married lives that we can make it a reality. What a blessing! It is still a work in progress, as it is sometimes difficult to find time to work on it around our family, social, and work life. It is especially exciting to be out here lately since the electricity is out here for real.
    So, I take a moment to give thanks.
    The first thing I hung inside the workshop needs no explanation, it's how I roll.
    The second pic is of the outside, and the small door entrance to the shop.
    This cast brass Eagle belonged to my maternal Grandfather. I am his oldest grandson. I was fortunate to get it after he passed, and it has been stored away waiting for a fitting place to display. Tadaaaaaa.
    My Grandfather was instrumental in guiding me as a young boy and teen in and around the home, garage workspace, and property, teaching me how to do so many things . Looking back now, it's more like I bugged the crap out of him so much, he probably figured he might as well teach me some stuff!
    So, with much pride and reflection, I placed his Eagle over my workshop door.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Congrats and amen! Would love to see more pictures of the new space.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on a new shop. Every man needs his own place. Gotta love a woodworking shop......
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Congratulations Marion. My Grandpa used to sit me on his workbench when he was fixing' things. I suspect that is where I got the bug, many decades ago.
    Mark McFarlane

Congrats. Know the feeling even though I never had a grandpa. You have your priorities straight. Have fun in your shop! Randy