Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I get rid of the Corel upgrade window--

It looked up on my win7pro for several days, I kept hitting the X and eventually it took the hint and it no longer shows up
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo Pardo View Post
    Another helpful place to check is to go to Start, Run, and type in Services.msc.
    Another reason I like the 'autoruns' program I showed above, msc services are included. And anything and everything in any list can be disabled temporarily for text purposes. And if you're about to disable something you shouldn't it won't let you!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

OK, so I found out the "CDR Column Provider" as highlighted above didn't show up in my other computers, which has been a bit frustrating.

BUT! I found out the important part of that highlighted line is the "Windows XP Shell Extension" -- THAT is what drives the upgrade screen!

I found this out because for a week or so now, the Corel on my garage computer has been giving me fits with this "error 5 invalid call or arguement" error, EVERY time I alt-F6 to switch Corel jobs, open, or save a job. It's a Visual Basic error, which has to do with macro's... So I start checking the macros tab, there's no macros even saved.

I was about to completely un-install Corel and re-install it. And there, under the Corel X4 listing in the uninstall menu, is "Corel Shell Extension"...

So then I came here to look at the screen shots, noticed the 'shell extension' thing... And instead of uninstalling the program, I uninstalled the shell extension...

Voila! No more error 5!!! And no more upgrade screen! Which, now that I think about it, was gone just as the error screen started. The upgrade screen was the faulty macro running!

What REALLY pi**es me off, is that somehow, Corel put that shell extension program on my computers, ALL of them... even though I have NEVER registered ANY Corel programs...

Anyway, now I know what to look for...

OK, found it on another computer, thought I'd screen-shot it before I delete it-- UNINSTALLING.... with extreme prejudice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 07-31-2016 at 9:40 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle