Thread: Triton Plunge Routers

Triton Plunge Routers

I currently have Triton's 3 1/4hp router that I plan on using for a router table. I just used it once for routing an edge on a piece and found it to big for hand held work. That being said does anyone use one of there smaller routers for handheld work? I do a lot of mortises with an edge guide and a porter cable router. Are there any good aftermarket fences that will fit on Triton's routers or is the one included decent?

I would only use them for a router table and select another combo-set for hand held usage. I had a Triton, in a router table, and I absolutely loved it. However, I have a mix of (2) Bosch, (1) PC, and (3) Festool for my hand helds and I think all of them are better suited for hand held usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Kurdziel View Post
    I currently have Triton's 3 1/4hp router that I plan on using for a router table.
    I have mine in a router table and have noted one problem, which I have learned to live with. When routing, the height adjustment will back out. Meaning, if you need to adjust the height slightly, the router will fall a bit when you release the height lock. For me, this negates the "above the table adjustment", since the router moves when the lock is released.

What I found I must do is, before releasing the lock, retighten the height adjustment knob until it stops, then release the lock. I really don't know how precise this is, but it prevents the router from falling A LOT out of the current height adjustment.

Hopefully that makes since.