Thread: Mystery Incra "The Miter Gauge" - Pic

Mystery Incra "The Miter Gauge" - Pic

The "The Miter Gauge" by Incra shown below was included with a cabinet saw that I purchased. It must be fairly old because I can't find a manual on the Incra website. Does anyone have any info. on it? It's much better quality than my other miter gauges and I would like to make full use of it.

incra miter 002.jpg

I think it's an Incra Miter 2000.
    http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiter2k.html
    There is a link to download the manual from the link above.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mathews View Post
    The "The Miter Gauge" by Incra shown below was included with a cabinet saw that I purchased. It must be fairly old because I can't find a manual on the Incra website. Does anyone have any info. on it? It's much better quality than my other miter gauges and I would like to make full use of it.

incra miter 002.jpg
    That's the miter I've been using for many years. It's a rock solid, bullet proof miter, but it does have some quirks. It can be a little finicky to get right, but once you have it dialed in, it stays there.
    The biggest problem that I had/have with mine, is that the face of the miter fence does not lock in at 90 degrees to the table, when all the nuts are tightened.
    I had to shim the fence to 90 degrees to the table surface by placing shim stock, feeler gauges, in between the fence and t "L" bracket that supports it.
    Pay real close attention to the location of the "split" in the nylon washers that adjust your miter bar to the slot. The orientation is pretty specific.
    BTW, it wasn't a cheap miter when it came out. It was pretty expensive actually.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nguyen View Post
    I think it's an Incra Miter 2000.
    http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiter2k.html
    There is a link to download the manual from the link above.

Mike
    Thanks Mike! That's exactly what I needed.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Yep, it's a 2000. They're a little clumsy to switch from one slot to the other but very accurate once set up. I love mine.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney