Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tour of my small shop (PICS)

Smile Tour of my small shop (PICS)

I had a little time to put together some pictures of my small shop so I could share them here.

I am almost ashamed to post them after seeing so many larger and nicer ones, but this is just a hobby for me and my shop has been in the making for a little more than 9 months (almost like birthing a baby )

I have posted some outside pictures before, but threw a couple in here so as to make for a complete package. The building itself used to be an old firehouse back in the horse and buggy days over 100 years ago. When I first met the building it was barely worth tearing down, but over the last couple of years I was able to restore it to what is is today.

Being that the shop is only 12 1/2 X 17 1/2 inside, I have made sure that all tools are portable and plan on doing most of the cutting and sanding outdoors to keep the saw dust down and increase available work space on larger projects. I put a lot of time, thought and research into each tool purchase and tried to stay within LOML's agreed upon budget restrictions by keeping my tools around mid-range/grade/quality and price. I think I have put together a fairly good tool inventory for hobby needs. I am still working on the neander side of my tool inventory and hope to have completed before long. There are still many shop accessories and changes I want to make over the next 6 months that will enhance the shop itself. For one thing, the pegboard needs to go and in it's place some cabinets for hand tools.

Anyhow, here are the pictures. I hope you enjoy them and thanks for looking.

btw.... if you see any changes or have some ideas for improvement, I always love to hear them. A shop is a never ending and always evolving project.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob Noles; 09-26-2005 at 10:51 AM.

part 2 of pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice shop, in and out. No reason to be ashamed there.

I see you keep it nice and neat, but that's the key to working in a small shop, and why I need a large one.

Bob -

Very nice. I really like the front porch. Looks like a great place to "sit a spell." Looks like you have it arranged very efficiently. Waaaaaayyy better than my sho... errr.. garage.

Thanks for the tour.

Ted

looks great...only problem i see is not a spec of sawdust to be found!!!

Bob,

I like your nice quaint shop, however, where is the sawdust, stained floors, scattered chaos, strewn about tools, heck I even seen the top of a workbench!!
    Maybe it's just me and my attention deficit disorder after all.
    Very nice~ insert envy here ~ Bruce

Wow! Nice shop ya' got there. I like the theme outside of the shop.
    It looks like it should do real nice, real nice indeed. One question though? where is the tablesaw, or did I miss it?
    Nice shop Bob, very nice shop.

I'm guessing you spent quite a bit of time cleaning up before the photo shoot, Bob. That's a great looking shop, and you've done well to organize a relatively small space in such a way that you can still get lots done in it. I remember seeing pics of the outside (with the Country Store style front porch), so it's nice to finally see the inside. And I love the workbench! Now go get everything messy, OK?

- Vaughn

Bob,
    A nicely designed and laid out shop. You still have room to work. Thanks for sharing.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

That works, Bob. Everything mobile and accessable. Great job!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Bob,

You have a wonderful shop there. Makes me wish I had cleaned up my shop in the last 12 months.

Bob---That looks really comfortable and inviting. You did a great job setting it up. I still love the antique Coke machine in front.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

I count 36 receptables! Just like clamps, you can never have too many

A great looking shop, both inside and out and the front looks very inviting! Nice spot to enjoy a cool beverage after a full day making big chunks of wood into smaller ones.

You should be proud!

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Bob, Ya want to trade for my home in Washington? I'll even throw in a few bucks! Really nice!
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton
    looks great...only problem i see is not a spec of sawdust to be found!!!
    Tim,

I swept the sawdust and boxed it up.... Please check with your postman as it should arrive any day now