Thread: RT-1000 router table users' feedback

RT-1000 router table users' feedback

I am in the market for a router table. I would like to buy, because I like to spend my time building other things. The RT-1000 is a little over $400 shipped to PA and includes a nice cabinet and dust collection. It appears to be very well built.
    I have seen some threads in the past with limited information, so I wanted to see if there are any users of the RT-1000 router table around. Any opinion/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Guy, I have an RT-1000 router table, but I only bought the top...I built my own cabinet....
    The issues I had were the need to shim the fence with tape to get the face even, and reinforce
    the insert plate to take out the sag.... You should probably opt for the aluminum plate....
    I've had it for 5 years, and use it a lot, with a Triton router dedicated to it....
    It's held up well, and was definitely worth the money....

I really like mine.

I only bought the top as well. It has worked OK, but it certainly has issues. I upgraded to the aluminum insert as well, due to sag with the plastic one. Fence sides don't line up perfectly. Bolts for the fence are in "permanently, so can be a real pain for larger pieces. Its too large to use as a table saw extension (not necessarily a bad thing). Very difficult to get insert even with table all the way around. Holes for router mounting screws were not deep enough to allow heads of screws to be flush or below the insert top. Now wishing I had gone for the Lee Valley metal table.
    Mike

I was in the same position a few months ago and decided to go with the RT-1000. Shipping took a while as is to be expected from a small outfit. It came in two boxes, one for the top and one for the table itself. It was packed like it was bombproof, they really did an excellent job with their packing.

I'm pleased with the router table. I put an incra lift in mine so I didn't pay much attention to the plate offering. I added a 4" dust port to the included port. The dust collection works quite well, which is to be expected as it's essentially just a manufactured version of Norm's router table.

Like you, I didn't want to bother to build my own router table but I wasn't happy with the simple steel stand versions offered by the big name folks. I wanted something with some storage. This checked all my boxed. It took me a minute to swallow the shipping fee to Alabama but I'm glad I did. I'm satisfied with the build quality, and I'm more than happy with the fact all I had to do was attach the top and add casters rather than spend a day or more building my own. I'm also happy that my money went to a small business in North America. I'd recommend the table.

Blog Entries
    I've had mine for 8 years and never had a problem with it. Does what I need it to. For the price, it's a pretty good deal.

Had the complete table for two years and love it. Also have the Triton in it.