Thread: What's a fair price for a used Delta 46-460?

What's a fair price for a used Delta 46-460?

Purchased in 2010, used regularly until 2013 and hardly touched after that (upgraded). It comes with the stand also and a couple of extra tool rests (one being a Robust). Like many other early 46-460 adopters, I had a power switch failure (2013) which was replaced with what appears to be the new design power switch that they put on the lathes of this model sold today. It looks used but it is in reasonably good shape.

Really not sure what to charge for it. I want to sell it at a "good" price so I am not looking to maximize what I get for it.

2. I have one of those, Justin, which I purchased in later part of 2013. I have had no issues with mine to date, but remember I paid new $700 from CSUSA. I think a reasonable price would probably be around $350 with the robust rest and extras, providing it runs well. Just my thinking, as for any lathe that is a few years old, my consideration would be that if I had to pay any over about 1/2 price, I might just go ahead and get a new one for the sake of warranty and having new......just my way of considering value, etc.

Good luck with it!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Just my thinking, as for any lathe that is a few years old, my consideration would be that if I had to pay any over about 1/2 price, I might just go ahead and get a new one for the sake of warranty and having new......just my way of considering value, etc.
    Yup, I can agree with that. Thanks!