Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grand daddy of all gloats

Grand daddy of all gloats

I have read hundreds of gloats over the years. But yesterday, I finally had a day that is indescribable..

I went to my first bankruptcy equipment auction. I had the time of my life!!!!! I went there hoping to get a tormek, 16" delta RAS, and a laguna bandsaw.

What I got was alot more. I have pics, and will send them to anyone who is willing to post them for me. Via email.

I took my wife, she has been saying for years that she wants a CNC to do wall panels at our house, well they had a monster there. 14 foot long. It retailed for 58,000.00. It's 6 years old. I won it for 1400.00. Yes 1400.00. It's an unbelievable machine. Has everything ready, and I watched it work..

But that's just the beginning, I got everything I have ever wanted and more, they had the greatest bench ive ever seen, multiple vices, 8" thick maple top, custom made monster. I paid 300 for it

I got the 16" laguna for 230.00

I got the tormek with every jig possible for 160

I got 3 delta grinders for 5 a piece.

I got the 16" delta RAS which looks brand new for 45 dollar. Yes. 45

Some incra gear, woodpeckers, and a air arbor press for 27

I got roughly 2500.00 worth of festool paper for 100.00. The exact kinds of paper I use. All boxed up. Old new stock. Also got the long track for the track saw

I got a few more items as well. This auction was unreal, like a dream really.. You should have seen the stuff there, the items were almost free, there were wide belts, shapers, big saws, everything you can imagine and all single phase minus the CNC..
    I'm still on overload from it, there were a few items that I regret not getting, like a minimax lathe, nice size, that brought 120 dollars. A full woodpeckers router table w every incra item ever made on it for 170. Also had a big PC router in it.. All in all, an amazing time, I have a moving team coming to move the CNC, there was a forklift onsite, but it wouldn't even move the monster. Again, I will send the pics I have to anyone.

Congrats, that's amazing. How do you find out about these auctions?

Honestly, I found out about it 2 days prior, my neighbor called and told me.

Blog Entries
    Wow, I am happy for you. That is truly an awesome gloat, but shame on you for not nabbing that router table. By the way, new duck!

Im curious to see the pics of the CNC. Congrats.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Yep, I'm pretty sure this is the craziest gloat I've ever heard during my time on the ww/tool forums...

Congrats...incredible!

Wow! That's incredible. Good for you.
    And dare I say first -
    New Duck!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Wow! That's incredible. Good for you.
    And dare I say first -
    New Duck!!!!!!!!!
    Malcom beat ya to the duck.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Malcom beat ya to the duck.
    Dang Mike, you're right!

Ok, I accept second Duck!

Correct. That's the lottery we all wish for.

Congrats!!! Enjoy!!!!

I'm curious what the cnc is as well. Pod style or bed?

The auction was just insane. I've been to many auctions, but never a tool auction, I've never seen anything like it. It's a big bed style CNC

WOW..you did well!!!
    Jerry

i wont believe till i pictures !

I love bankruptcy auctions. Really love.