Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grand daddy of all gloats

I think you owe your neighbor a beer!

Correction---- the RAS is a 12" saw. I messed up. A 16 inch laguna bandsaw. Pics are on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Beagle View Post
    Correction---- the RAS is a 12" saw. I messed up. A 16 inch laguna bandsaw. Pics are on the way
    This is no longer the best tool gloat of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by David T gray View Post
    i wont believe till i pictures !
    As Homer would say unless you have a picture it didn't happen

Blog Entries
    Somehow when I first read this, I missed the part about the CNC. That's incredible!!! Imagine the things you can do with that! I hope your shop is huge to fit a 14' CNC!!!

Can you tell us the brand of CNC

Wow. Hey, maybe that's how woodworkers and turners can avoid the vortex-induced bankruptcy trap - buy everything from the other guy who didn't.

JKJ

Congratulations, you had a good day.

Pics will be posted later today. I promise. It's a techno panel master. The vacuum pump alone costs 7k. It was an extra I guess when they ordered it

Pics from Sam. Nice haul! That CNC is HUGE!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry for the delay posting the photos. I was about to call you out as a troll because I hadn't gotten a response, when i thought I should check my junk folder first! Sure enough that's where I found your reply.

That is a really nice bench too!

Questions of the day - what on earth are you going to be doing with a 14' CNC, and will it even fit in your shop??
    ~Garth

Holy crap! I wish I knew of such things in my area.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Awesome bench, BS, and RAS. While the CNC might be tempting, the old CNC's can be a huge cost if anything ever goes wrong. I had the chance to buy a used CNC for $1,500 and I was advised against the idea. You know all those updates your computer makes, that box on top of the CNC wants to do the same if you want to run anything new. If you update them many things can go wrong. Swapping out the controllers can cost the same of a new machine I found out. You can search online and read about a few horror stories of guys buying machines that were too old. That vacuum would have been a great item to pick up. Those things run huge hours before needing a re-build. That looks to be between 10 - 20hp, and I suspect that is a bit more than $7k now. One can easily get $3 - 5k for a used one of those.

I felt the same way. I didn't want the CNC because it's just so big. However I did see it work and it's honestly in great shape. One thing I did find out is that it's not 6 years old. It's older. The auctioneer misspoke. As far as that vac pump. That thing ways 7-800 lbs. moving it was awful. I had a guy after the auction offer me 3500 cash right there for just the pump. I will try and get more pics and send them to matt. Thanks again matt for posting those for me.