Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser engraving light density wood (and end grain)

Hi Mohammed - have you considered using a masking material and using something to stain it like super-strong coffee? I'm thinking that food would be the best thing to stain the food-safe item with. Also a light wipe with mineral oil prior to engraving might let you just wipe some coffee on, gently wipe off and let it sit inside the engraving... maybe even let it dry. Could take a few applications but would definitely be food safe. I would also recommend food coloring as a stain - it stains wood well (both intentionally and accidentally) and you have color options...

- Mak

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Try dropping your table an 1/8th inch out of focus this should darken the engraving
    Had a quick question about this. I find if I take my 1.5" lens 1/32 out of focus I can create a really nice darker engrave. If I do 1/16 I find it doesn't work. I haven't tried 1/8 yet. Do you guys find 1/8 is the best on something like a 1.5" ?

I drop it about and 1/8th and if its not dark enough I drop it a little more and do another pass.I have the time LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Weil View Post
    Had a quick question about this. I find if I take my 1.5" lens 1/32 out of focus I can create a really nice darker engrave. If I do 1/16 I find it doesn't work. I haven't tried 1/8 yet. Do you guys find 1/8 is the best on something like a 1.5" ?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander