Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grandaughters dresser

Grandaughters dresser

I finished this on Saturday afternoon for my youngest granddaughter. Tiger maple and poplar. All comments welcome.

Mike

Of course " all comments welcome"!.... You make GOOD stuff! Be sure to date it and inscribe it to her.

Wow...that's lovely!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Man that looks nice lovely color.And just the right amount of flame.

Aj

Heirloom piece right there. As Mel said, be sure to sign and date it. You could even write her a letter and talk about how you thought of her while you were making it and your hopes for her future. Then tape it to the underside of one of the drawers and maybe she'll find it in 10-20 years.
    Last edited by Aaron Conway; 08-09-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Beautiful piece!

And I thought the same thing as Aaron about hiding a note for her to find in the future.

What a gorgeous piece! What's not to love about Tiger Maple, right? Great color too. Would you mind sharing your finishing regimen for it?
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

I'm not inlove with the pulls, but that's a nice looking piece!

Blog Entries
    Very nice, I'm sure it will be a hit with the granddaughter
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Michael, that's a beautiful dresser, striking. The feet are just magnificent. Congratulations on a fine piece.

stunning dresser/ WOW!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Thank you for all the comments. I like the idea of leaving her a note, never thought of that. She lives with me and had a hand in helping build it by running stock through the planer and doing some sanding too. The finishing was done with a water based dye( Lockwood 141) Two coats of shellac then shot with crystal lac waxed and buffed out

Michael

Very Nice! Was this piece from plans or a copy of an existing chest of drawers?
    Joe

Blog Entries
    Beautiful wood, great craftsmanship, and a wonderful piece of Fine Furniture.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by joe maday View Post
    Very Nice! Was this piece from plans or a copy of an existing chest of drawers?
    Joe
    Thank you. It's actually a plan that I drew up using different pieces for inspiration and it took me a while to do it. I fiddled with the drawer sizes and dimensions of the case to get what I thought looked good. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer you as best I can.

Mike