Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yeti RTIC

My first modem was 2400 baud (I think it was a supra maybe?), after that 9600 baud, US Robotics 14.4, 28.8, 56 k I had them all and I ran a BBS before the internet if that tells you anything about how long I've been around computers and dealing with passwords. While I understand your sentiment, I still think it's silly. You aren't hurting them much by not buying, you are just hurting yourself by paying more.

I agree there are too many passwords to remember these days...This may help...Try lastpass. Makes remembering passwords a breeze and autofills everything for you.
    Last edited by Keith Winter; 09-10-2016 at 1:22 PM.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    The engraving price is dropping like a rock. I'm not going there.
    About what is the going price for a custom engraved Yeti? From what I saw a year ago it was around $20 to have one done with like a black Cermark process. Is that price out of line? Thanks!
    Epilog Legend 36EXT 75 watt
    Inexperienced rookie user

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Franker View Post
    About what is the going price for a custom engraved Yeti? From what I saw a year ago it was around $20 to have one done with like a black Cermark process. Is that price out of line? Thanks!
    I don't do many of these but judging on the pricing earlier in the thread, $20 would be wasted time on a single order. The price you would charge an end consumer would depends on volume.
    Last edited by Keith Winter; 09-10-2016 at 2:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    My first modem was 2400 baud (I think it was a supra maybe?), after that 9600 baud, US Robotics 14.4, 28.8, 56 k I had them all and I ran a BBS before the internet if that tells you anything about how long I've been around computers and dealing with passwords. While I understand your sentiment, I still think it's silly. You aren't hurting them much by not buying, you are just hurting yourself by paying more.

I agree there are too many passwords to remember these days...This may help...Try lastpass. Makes remembering passwords a breeze and autofills everything for you.
    I got you beat by a few years Keith - my first computer was a TI-99A connected with a 150 baud handset cradle that used cassette tapes for data storage. I remember seeing files that were over 15kb and thinking they would take forever to download...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    I got you beat by a few years Keith - my first computer was a TI-99A connected with a 150 baud handset cradle that used cassette tapes for data storage. I remember seeing files that were over 15kb and thinking they would take forever to download...
    Haha that's awesome! 150 baud wow

Haha that's awesome! 150 baud wow
    Bonus points if you know what baud stands for - no Google!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Bonus points if you know what baud stands for - no Google!
    Lol! Enlighten us

Lol! Enlighten us
    Well I thought I was all smart and stuff and had the answer but just I found out I was wrong... I was told many, many years ago that it stood for bits of actual usable data. I googled it to make sure I was right, and it turns out it was named after the French Engineer, Jean-Maurice-Emile Baudot who used it to measure the speed of telegraph transmissions. I learn something new every day, my day is now fulfilled!