Thread: Headed to the Fair

Headed to the Fair

Here is the completed Dark Side of the Moon and taking it this weekend to the Texas State Fair for annual judging.

Completed base was was designed around an undercounter LED light and illuminates through the one large stained glass piece in the bottom the 32 stained glass craters within the vessel, on the Dark Side, so to speak. All together, with 124 pieces in the base, 652 pieces of wood, 33 pieces of glass the LED and a button from one of my old army uniforms that turns on the proximity switch.

Woods used Bubinga, Ebony, Purpleheart, Cherry, Massarundba and various colored veneers make up this concept piece. image.jpegimage.jpeg
    "If you live each day as if it was your last, some day you'll most certainly be right." Steve Jobs

Uh...WOW, great stuff.

Don't bother going to the fair. I hereby give you first place.first-place-ribbon.jpg

Wow--so many pieces and still have great shape and balance.

4th Time was the charm! Received notice that I was honored this year with my first Blue Ribbon at the Texas State Fair, "Turned Wood, Any" category!
    "If you live each day as if it was your last, some day you'll most certainly be right." Steve Jobs

Congrats to you Blair. Very nice work and well deserved.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Congrats!! I had no doubt you would win.
    Beautiful piece!!

All in all you are no longer just another brick in the wall!

Congrats, cool piece.

Inspiration, inspiration, Inspiration. WOW!

Best of luck at the fair. Anything capable of beating THAT work would have to be .... well, if there's a better job than yours I'd sure like to see it. Because this is simply phenomenal. (And I'm not even a Pink Floyd fan. )

Please let us know how it goes.
    Fred

Stunning work on that vase! Looks fantastic. Congrats on that blue ribbon!
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Jebediah Eckert View Post
    All in all you are no longer just another brick in the wall!

Congrats, cool piece.
    Ah yes, February 1980, went skiing for the first time ever, (actually I believe I went falling more that day) near Winterpark Colorado, snowed in that night at Berthoud Pass and couldn't make it back to Denver, staying one more night in a beautiful A-frame cabin, with a huge window, listening to "The Wall" for the first time, as the snow fell softly by the window.

Music, and all forms of art, can trigger powerful memories, thanks for that one!