Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Singers/Bands

When we were dating my wife to be picked concerts like Hootie and the Blowfish, Mary Chapin Carpenter and the like. I picked bands like Dave Edmunds and the Ramones. No, I still can't figure out why she married me.

Basically a roots rock/rockabilly fan. Johnny Cash is a hero. Also a long time John Fogerty fan both with CCR and after. The one guy I remain amazed at is Jeff Beck. I was listening to Loud Hailer earlier today.

-Tom

I love these threads because i can finally tell how old each of us is here! I heard somewhere that we tend to love the music we heard when we were 19 years old and all else pales to it.

By that standard my favorites are 90s British alt rock like the stone roses and the smiths. But my guilty pleasures will always be popdisco from that time like the pet shop boys and erasure.

Ken, I don't mind Cher. I also liked her movie Moonstruck. However, the great female vocalist love of my life is Stevie Nicks. No-one comes close to her. The other female vocalists I love are Suzi Quatro, Carly Simon and Chrissie Amphlet (RIP). Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Prashun, if you were 19 in the 1990's, that makes Rod Sheridan about your age. We'll have to see what music he likes. Being Canadian, it might be fringe music.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Force View Post
    Listen to a lot of Dylan, Young, Stones, but listen more to Joe Bonamassa
    Joe is da bomb!

Blog Entries
    I am off in left field.
    Give me some good Piedmont Blues ala Rev Gary Davis, Pink Anderson and others
    Throw in some 40's and early 50's and I would be fine.
    A little jazz now and then.
    But I can do without country and acid/hard rock. I could not name any of today's singers
    But then I am old old guy (74)

Howard,

Interesting music choices. I had to look up a few of them. I only like old country singers, not the new pretty ones. At 74, you aren't that old in this crowd. It's more how you take care of yourself. The older I get, the older that old gets.

Blog Entries
    My preferences are:

The Beatles.
    The Rolling Stones.
    Motown (The Temptations, The Four Tops, The Supremes, Marvin Gay, Stevie Wonder)
    Elton John
    Dire Straights.
    Van Morrison
    Linda Ronstadt.
    Bruce Springsteen.
    Steve Winwood.
    Joe Cocker (especially the Mad Dogs and Englishmen album).

I guess mainly classic rock and soul music.

PHM

Blog Entries
    Well I also listen to some vintage country. Bob Wills, etc. That Texas Swing does get to you.

Just Last night my next door neighbor asked if I heard of Home Free. Nope never did but when I got home googled them and they have a ton of songs on You Tube Their ACappella and awesome to listen to. They do a lot of older country with some newer stuff .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    Suzie Quatro, Slade, Pink Floyd, Zappa, AC DC ... to name a few of my favorites, sometimes Country depending on the mood.

I am presently watching my PBS channel doing one of those awful fundraisers but in between the begging they are playing some great '50's music. Patti Page, Pat Boone, 4 Aces, Crew Cuts, Rosemary Clooney, Gogi Grant, 4 Coins, 4 Lads.

I remember when I was a kid my uncles would gather around the radio to listen to the grand old opry. Their favorites were Hank Williams, Roy Acuff and Ernest Tubb.

I also can't name any of today's singers or groups. I graduated high school in '55.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Robert Plant.
    Dolly Parton.
    Alanis Morrisette.
    John Denver.
    Axl Rose.
    Ozzy Osbourne.
    Aretha Franklin.
    Michael Jackson.
    Freddie Mercury.
    Adele.
    Paul McCartney.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

JUDAS PRIEST

I have been to most if not every concert here close to the area since the 1980s.
    Hard to believe they are in their 60's and still going strong.

https://youtu.be/KG2bM-kTWsg?t=34s
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 08-23-2016 at 12:27 AM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    I heard somewhere that we tend to love the music we heard when we were 19 years old and all else pales to it.
    Prashun I heard it as being related to the music we heard when first dating, so there's a link to that coming-of-age thing.