Thread: Hollowing systems

Hollowing systems

It looks like I am going to start the school year working full time while they find a teacher for the class. While I am not real excited about working full time, I think I will be able to buy a hollowing system with the money made. I am pretty sure that I will go with Trent Bosch's system, but I have a couple of questions. Should I go with the 5/8" stabilizer or the 3/4" stabilizer? If I go with the larger one, do I go with the larger tools or the 5/8"tools? Any suggestions?

I have the 3/4 stabilizer and the 3/4 tools. I don't think I would use the 5/8 tools much if I had them, but depending on what you want to make, I am sure they work just fine. Just know that the depth would be less with the 5/8 vs the 3/4. I am satisfied with my set. You could always put the 5/8 tools in the 3/4 stabilizer, but if you get the small stabilizer, you will always be limited to the smaller tools.

I have the TB 3/4" stabilizer and I ordered to accept 1" tooling. With bushings, you can use 3/4 or 5/8 tools. In the world of hollowing, bigger is better.
    As the vessels get larger, the more a trap system with larger boring bars are King!