With Dave Richards as a friend, it's a little embarrassing to admit I am not good with Sketchup.

I did take drafting classes in HS and even worked as a draftsman for a while before going into the USN. Thus, I have a drafting board, and drawing is a lot easier for me than using Sketchup. However, I am determined to learn and have been putting in the hours this last week. I have 2 raised panel doors to build for a linen closet and thought I would use them as a project. The computer I am using Sketchup on uses Windows 10 upgraded software. It's been over a year since I up graded and in my experience, a Windows based computer usually requires a software reload about every year or so. Having some issues, I went into one setting and selected "reset defaults".

Suddenly, the FWW "Sketchup Guide for Woodworkers" The Basics with Dave Richards DVD didn't work anymore. I could open the startup but it wouldn't go to the videos automatically when clicking on a chapter index.

Long story short, after hours of poking around, I had to go back to the Windows 10 "Settings" and select Adobe Reader for the automatic default for .pdf files and then it worked again.

Sadly a recently purchased laptop with Windows 10 exhibited the same symptoms as it must come with the standard defaults. The FWW DVD didn't work in it either.

I am trying Dave!