Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Importing a Chinese laser cutter! (400x600mm 80w reci)

Just letting everyone know my machine has made it across the ocean, made it through customs (thanks to the broker) and is being trucked to my hometown. Should be delivered Monday or Tuesday with any luck.

So far the whole process has been straight forward. The broker made things easy and applied for an import number I did not have. It's been quite a few weeks now since I ordered, but I'm very happy with the process and Blanca still continues to answer my questions.

I'll update with photos when I take delivery!

I have inquired about a price on a 20 Watt fiber from Rayfine, hoping to get more info. Not sure if I need one but interested.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

So today was the big day! It showed up. The crating was done well, the machine was packed with lots of foam and there was no visible damage. I did not have time to set it up today but a quick glance showed that it looked to be in fine condition. Hoping to go through it tomorrow and hopefully burn some things!

A few photos of how it showed up!

I have not actually seen it run yet, but so far Ray Fine my expectations have been met and exceeded. Even shipping and customs went smoothly. I half thought I might end up getting ripped off or having issues with a company that dropped off the face of the earth as soon as I paid, but they have been great.

Anyhow, if anyone has any questions about my experience feel free to PM me.

Cheers! 14925624_1099462566769164_7671620091334654329_n.jpg14632940_1099462606769160_9143405293858184885_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks pretty nice. Save the plywood it works great for laser art projects.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Thanks Bill!

Today I filled the 'chiller' with dimineralized water. Hooked up the air pump, etc. Connected it to my laptop and opened the software. I was honestly amazed, it ran on the first try. I'm new to RDworks. Anyway, first attempt I was out of focus so I brought the table up and eyeballed roughly where I thought it should be and ran it again. And it cut!

Here are the pictures. The veneer was a bit lumpy so the etching wasn't perfect, but this is just fine tuning now.

Now...what to cut! I think my business needs some keychains to give away, I might cut a bunch of those.

First cuts!
    20161103_113226.jpg

Blog Entries
    Looking Good, Jason, you give me hope mine will work as well out of the 'box'. If you haven't, go to YouTube and watch a few of the RDWorks learning lab by the guy Russ in the UK.
    At least a few will give you a good working knowledge of the program, a lot of his videos is him complaining about his eBay laser. But he does had several that are good as tutorials.
    And with plugin from corel, it should be easy going. Yes, not as easy as say a Epilog, but not difficult either. YouTube is my best friend lately. Learned a lot about Corel.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

John -

That's funny, I'm actually subscribed to RDworks Learning Lab. I've sort of stopped watching his videos, though. He has good information, but he just draws it out way too long to keep my attention.

Thanks for the tip!

I haven't even explored the corel plugin option. What advantages does it have?

Blog Entries
    Jason,

My experience with the plugin is that depending on the complexity of the job you save some time in saving the file, exporting out of Corel, and importing into the full version. It goes into the plug in faster. On big jobs I dont think you save time.

On the bad side, there is no way to save your common settings. In the full version you can save those common settings so they become your defaults. In the Plug in you have a relatively small window to work with. On the full version you can work full screen. That can help on a smaller screen like the laptop I use.

Dave
    Glad to hear things are going well so far!!!
    Last edited by David Somers; 11-04-2016 at 12:06 AM.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Okay yeah I can see how that could save time now. I will have to keep that in mind for when I get a large complex order.

Blog Entries
    Jason,

Remember that with either version, plugin or full version, once you have a job in RDWorks you can repeat it by simply hitting the Start button in the window again. So if you are repeating a job again and again (like I am currently doing) you can simply leave it up and rerun it once you have replaced your material.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Blog Entries
    Ha, yeah, that's why I said there were a few to watch....he gets off on some tangents very easilybut he did,very quickly,convince me to avoid the generic Chinese eBay machines. My luck is not good. And David answered better than I could on the plugin.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Definitely a smart guy. Does things very methodically. Just very typically British!

Cheers, thanks for the heads up.
    Ray Fine 80watt Reci 400x600mm laser cutter
    5x10 Multicam router
    5x10 Hypertherm CNC plasma cutter

Customer support

My laser cutter developed an issue with the power supply intermittently not working. It never fully stopped working but it needed to be replaced. Blanca was super helpful getting me the right power supply and within a week I had a new one delivered to me at no cost to me. I'm blown away, things don't ship this fast within Canada half the time. The customer support for my laser cutter has been really top notch. Thank you RayFine and most importantly Blanca!
    Ray Fine 80watt Reci 400x600mm laser cutter
    5x10 Multicam router
    5x10 Hypertherm CNC plasma cutter

Hi Jason ..... good to know that RayFine has Good Customer Support .... I'm hoping I never have to use it

Brian