Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naps.....Who Takes Them??

Naps.....Who Takes Them??

I often find my eyes getting very heavy in the afternoon. Perhaps it's being in my elderly fifties. Does anyone partake of a nap? I am beginning to consider one.

Haha, yeah over the lunch hour I normally hit the couch for 15 minutes, but I'm pretty high energy when I'm working. I find it makes my afternoon a lot better. Oh and I'm only 25
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

In my mid 40's to mid 50's taking a 15 -20 minute power nap at noon worked wonders. These days IF I can fall asleep, my snoring often wakes me up. I struggle to take naps these days.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I take naps quite often. But then, thanks to my illness, I can't really help but take them because I tire so easily.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

I get a little drowsy in the afternoons, but I am a horrible napper so I usually just push through it. If I'm not asleep for at least 2 hours I feel worse than if I hadn't slept at all, and it takes me a long time to get moving again.
    My wife on the other hand usually has to have a short nap in the afternoons when she gets home from work (teaching preschoolers can be very draining).
    ~Garth

I can nap only if I'm down with a bad cold or the flu, I never nap otherwise. I can't sleep on a plane either. One of my travel buddies would be asleep before the wheels left the ground, I was always envious of him.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I can nap only if I'm down with a bad cold or the flu, I never nap otherwise. I can't sleep on a plane either. One of my travel buddies would be asleep before the wheels left the ground, I was always envious of him.
    I've always had a hard time sleeping on planes too. I think the only time I managed it was on the 15+ hour flight from LAX to Sidney and back again when I basically collapsed from exhaustion.
    ~Garth

I will be 50 in a few months, rarely take them. If I do nap I have trouble falling asleep at night, so I avoid them when I have to get up to go to work the next day.

At 73 I don't take naps during the day. Instead, I fall asleep in front of the TV, go to bed and can't get back to sleep.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

20-30 min nap after lunch almost every day for the last 20+ years. Makes a huge difference in my afternoon productivity. Highly recommend naps.

After lunch, I often shut down while listening to NPR, I think the NPR style is like talking someone into hypnosis. I don't mean to nap, it occurs.

An occasional nap is a perk of being retired. Don't do it all that often, but sometimes I do just because I can.

I don't very often take them but a 5 to 10 minute nap works wonders for me. If I nap longer than 15 minutes I feel real cr*&y

Sometimes, but not regularly. Worst part of napping is when the #@$% phone rings. Same thing at night, when the phone rings, I'm up.

Quote Originally Posted by John Conklin View Post
    An occasional nap is a perk of being retired. Don't do it all that often, but sometimes I do just because I can.
    I'm in the same boat John. I seldom take a nap but it sure is nice knowing I can.