Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IRS Left Message...I'm Headed to Prison

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    You'll look good in stripes Rich!
    I need vertical stripes, not horizontal. I can't be looking fat for date night.

Well I guess I am going to be joining you guys. I have gotten about 3 calls per day this week. They must really want me. See you all there.
    John T.

At least we have the skill sets needed to add on to the cell block or vastly improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Forget the IRS, one of my businesses is getting 2+ calls per day saying that our credit card merchant account is in default and they need to speak with the owner (me) immediately. No vendor will get to me without providing an account number and they aren't an actual vendor so they just keep calling. You would think after nearly 100 phone calls, they would give up but they aren't. It has come to the point where I have told the people that answer the phone to check caller ID and if it is that number just start cussing at them but they just can't bring themselves to do it.
    There really should be a system where anyone that receives a phone call should be able to send 1000 volts to the caller at will.
    Many (most, all?) phone systems (like ATT or Verizon) allow you to block specific phone numbers. The spam callers spoof the caller ID to get around that. If these guys are using the same phone number, just block them.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

IRS Left Message...I'm Headed to Prison
    Lucky you!
    3 squares a day, free medical care, chance to make new and interesting friends!!!

Sure beats the heck out of assisted care! ..

(& sadly, I'm only half joking here,,,)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Guess we all need to throw our skills at stonework instead of wood since there's plenty of stone in there! Dern it, can't plane stone, why prison WHY!
    I was once a woodworker, I still am I'm just saying that I once was.

Chop your own wood, it will warm you twice. -Henry Ford

7. You will have plenty of company, lot of people get those messages.

How do companies/people get away with these scams...are they all off shore? It would seem to be not too hard to follow the money.

Sorry to hear it Rich. Can I have your tools?

Fred, you'd need to bring a moving van. Plus I am keeping all the files and hacksaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Well the IRS left an automated message indicating I am going to prison unless I call back their number with a credit card number and authorize a payment for a "substantial sum" in good faith of paying down my debt to society. Nice knowing you folks.
    Rich,
    I find it difficult to believe that it is the IRS that is after you, I can easily understand the CIA or FBI wanting to know why you are collecting so much data on America's Woodworkers. Rarely does a day pass when you haven't started yet another "Poll" regarding our tools, shops, work habits, thoughts, etc. Inquiring minds want to know exactly what you are doing with all the intel?
    Hold on.....it just occured to me that you might work for one of the "intelligence gathering" agencies. Fess up brother man, what's the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I need vertical stripes, not horizontal. I can't be looking fat for date night.

Date night in prison? Cast that thought from my brain!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    Rich,
    I find it difficult to believe that it is the IRS that is after you, I can easily understand the CIA or FBI wanting to know why you are collecting so much data on America's Woodworkers. Rarely does a day pass when you haven't started yet another "Poll" regarding our tools, shops, work habits, thoughts, etc. Inquiring minds want to know exactly what you are doing with all the intel?
    Hold on.....it just occurred to me that you might work for one of the "intelligence gathering" agencies. Fess up brother man, what's the story?
    If there is intelligence in woodworking, it doesn't belong to me. There are many smart folks using SMC though. Decades ago, I researched intelligence (IQ) and published on it; I'm a licensed psychologist.

Come on people!

Get smart. No prison for me. I paid the debt in true woodworker style........wooden nickels.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

The reason the IRS is after all you guys is that you didn't pay taxes on the money those nice Nigerian bankers gave you. You know, the messages that there's 2 MILLION BRITISH POUNDS STERLING that no one seems to want. Just give them your bank account number and they'll fix you up and good.

When I get my loot I just might be able to afford real wood. And buy a book on the life of Houdini in case I'm in the lockup with youse guys.

-Tom