Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tormek price alert

Tormek price alert

I can't take credit for finding this one, I saw a thread on another forum. As we know the Amazon prices can change at any time. Right now it says Tormek 2006 Super Grind, Includes How-To Video
    $299.99 and free shipping

Tormek

Tormek Planer/Jointer Attachment $84

Thanks John! I've already got one, but I looked and the Planer/Jointer Blade Attachment is only $84. (It's $154 at Rockler)

Bought it. I've got a set of dull jointer knives waiting for it in a drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ault
    Thanks John! I've already got one, but I looked and the Planer/Jointer Blade Attachment is only $84. (It's $154 at Rockler)

Bought it. I've got a set of dull jointer knives waiting for it in a drawer.
    Glad I could help Andrew.

John, I really appreciate that you are helping us save a few bucks, but this one is just too much... right now I am trying to figure out how I can convince my wife that this is something that is really needed for the house and the shop Or get a stealth delivery hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory
    I can't take credit for finding this one, I saw a thread on another forum. As we know the Amazon prices can change at any time. Right now it says Tormek 2006 Super Grind, Includes How-To Video
    $299.99 and free shipping

Tormek
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Michael,

My wife really likes her sharp kitchen knives and shears. I also make it a point to mention when I sharpen my Felco pruners and everything else. "Boy, that Tormek sure is great - it would have cost $10 to get these sharpened. What a great investment."

And now I'll have two sets of sharp jointer knives thanks to the new jig I bought today!

-Andy

Must have just missed it..... I checked the link to amazon an its back up to $399.

I hate it when that happens...

ME TOO!! Darn it! I can't belive I missed this post yesterday!! GRR
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Keep checking, I miss the Incra 1000se last for $97 but got it this week for that price

Ordered mine yesterday while my wife was out. Figured it was better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. Sorry guys, but at least now I can show her how important it was to act fast....

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hogoboom
    Ordered mine yesterday while my wife was out. Figured it was better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. Sorry guys, but at least now I can show her how important it was to act fast....

Jack
    Jack, I did the same thing. Last time I waited to check with the LOML and when I looked again the price was back up to $139. This time I just did it. THEN asked forgiveness. Actually my wife is pretty good about this since we both work in the shop. I admit I need someone to keep me in control
    This month I bought a demo model Jet DC-1100CK for $308 after rebate, some DC accessories at Hartville (20% off this month) and now the Incra 1000SE. I think I had better quit now

Amazon is great because come the end of each quarter, they are desperate to meet their revenue numbers. That's why we're seeing all the sales the last couple of days. I'm going to get crucified having bought the Tormek, the Freud Super Dado and Bessey clamps all in the last two days. If only I hadn't agreed to let my wife keep the books....

Jack

New Forum Perhaps?

Man, with all the guys here trying to weasel around their spouses (me included), perhaps SMC needs a "Relationships" forum. In it, we could learn how to beg forgiveness while still getting to keep the tools we just bought.

We could also discuss the relative value of projects, i.e., 1 jewelry box = 1 biscuit joiner, or 4 dining room chairs = 1 8" jointer...

- Vaughn

Vaughn....when I came to work for the Large Corporation that I work for ...a couple of the old timers told me...."It's easier to say I'm sorry...than to ask for permission".......while I practise this at work.....I'm not stupid enough to try it at home......
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thumbs up Thanks!

I wanted to thank Andrew Ault for the tip on the Tormek planer jig sale at Amazon. Bought one. It was the last jig I needed to accomplish my sharpening needs. Thanks!
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Byron,

Me too! Now I can sharpen many things quickly.

Glad you got a good price.

By the way, I received mine yesterday and I really like the way it works - slides on a keyed guideway with limit stops.

- Andy