Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 60w from Automation Technologies

1. Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I'm not afraid to do something for nothing

From my Triumph just now--

Wood is a piece of 1/4" maple sitting under the machine-
    Font is plain Arial
    Speed=400mm/s, power on the light was 12% which just grazed it- I had to go over the bottom 3 lines a second time-- deeper cut done at 25% power
    gap/res setting: .05mm (equates to 508 lines per inch)
    Just used my 2" lens, could've maybe gotten a bit better with the 1.5"...
    Thanks Kev - this is great! Which letters are 1.5mm high, the CAPS or the lowercase? This was done on your 80w triumph? I'm not familiar with that machine (but I'm still researching what's out there).

IMG_20160910_111458648 (Copy).jpg sorry bluury phone photo.....2 mm on baltic Birch top and bottom vector middle 3 raster
    Rabbit 60 watt
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    IMG_20160910_111458648 (Copy).jpg sorry bluury phone photo.....2 mm on baltic Birch top and bottom vector middle 3 raster
    Rabbit 60 watt
    Thanks Bert! Blurry yes, but the middle raster samples appear that they would be acceptable to me. What chinese equivalent is this model? I doubt I would want to take the chance to import one on my own but it's nice to be able to compare apples to apples.

The CAPS are the size listed, so the lower case is pretty small--

In my software (LaserSoft/PHcad) are various settings, one set shown below, these are the "crafts parameters".
    The ones I painstakingly took many hours fine tuning are the 'carving backlash' settings.
    The settings shown are the defaults. My actual settings, for whatever reason, must be entered in negative numbers.
    The faster the speed, the higher the negative numbers.

The first time I engraved anything, some 1/2" text @ 500mm/s, the right-left firing was over 1/4" away from the left-right firing!
    When I started making the default (positive) numbers larger, it just got worse!

--The backlash settings fine tune the alignment of the left-to-right sweep laser firing to the right-to-left sweep firing.
    I have different values from 100mm/s to 800mm/s in 50mm increments. Took me over a year of initial settings
    and on-the-fly tweaking to get it to where it is now. I'm totally happy with the engraving, and I haven't had to touch the
    settings for over a year.

I've always found it a bit odd that backlash settings are rarely if ever brought up on the board. I'm assuming that the other software
    out there everyone else uses must have these settings dialed in pretty good in the defaults. My machine came across the pond
    with all pieces intact and all mirrors perfectly aligned, but I had no choice but to figure out how to fix the radical offset problem!
    backlashsettings.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

This is a Rabbit Laser purchased in Ohio from Rabbit Laser USA great machine good USA support
    Oh and if you ask them for samples I'm pretty sure they won't charge you a 100 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Winston View Post
    Thanks Bert! Blurry yes, but the middle raster samples appear that they would be acceptable to me. What chinese equivalent is this model? I doubt I would want to take the chance to import one on my own but it's nice to be able to compare apples to apples.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 09-10-2016 at 2:51 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

small letters

I engraved lower case they are legible with a magnifier I could not hold the camera steady enough to get a good picture.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    This is a Rabbit Laser purchased in Ohio from Rabbit Laser USA great machine good USA support
    Oh and if you ask them for samples I'm pretty sure they won't charge you a 100 bucks
    Unfortunately, the Rabbit didn't make the short list due to price. No doubt these are also imported machines, I was just curious how similar it was to the ones imported by AT or possibly even made by the same factory. It does appear that there are quite a few manufacturers over there though. Yea, $100 for a sample is a great way to put off a potential customer. I bend over backwards to win business. AT must be doing just fine if they are actually getting paid for samples.

Bert 24 point is about 8.5 mm 3 point would be closer. 1 mm is just a little over 1/32 of an inch
    Last edited by Jerome Stanek; 09-10-2016 at 3:33 PM.

Keith even if Kev came and tuned your machine it would most likely last for one job. Sure your alignment maybe be good for a while. But good tuning is clean lens, clean mirrors, level table, precise focus, correct speed and power settings for each job. You can't just tune it up and have it run all jobs perfect, its a constant working at all the above that makes the machine preform well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    I am continually impressed with your triumph Kev! Looks really good at 2mm. Question I have is how much would you charge to come tune in my Thunder machine like that
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

OK but the letters are 2mm in height, I wasn't real sure what the op wanted, size in height of point size . I'm thinking I can make any pt size as large or small as I want. But maybe not, back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Bert 24 point is about 8.5 mm 3 point would be closer. 1 mm is just a little over 1/32 of an inch
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

11. If I can replicate what is in the photo then I would be happy. The lower case letters measure approximately 1.75mm in height. Not sure what point size was used.

IMG_6515.JPG

My corel only goes to 6pt Attachment 3438406pt (Copy).jpg
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert,

If you enter text as point did you know that you can customize it to measure in inches or metric values?
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

It does appear that there are quite a few manufacturers over there though.
    There are actually very few, most of the machines go out to other distributors / assemblers who build and name them for their own needs. Once you take into account the small number of controllers / belts / bearings / rails / motors etc etc the only real difference between Chinese machines is the cabinet quality and the way they look.

AT are nothing special, no different really to any other Shenhui distributor who has their own stickers put on machines.
    You did what !

not really familiar with text size vs pt size and all that, just that the op wanted 2mm text I assumed that was the size he wanted and thats what I made the height to be. I guess I have incorrect assumptions, because I can make any point text any size I want. I'm gonna back out of this conversation because I have no idea what I'm talking about. Sorry to the OP
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander