Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just to be sure.....

What color is the light in the tube?

I've removed the tube but I'm pretty sure the color was blue. It lit up partially when connected to the 80W power supply but completely when connected to the 100W power supply. The masking tape had no mark in either case. I think I need a new tube and in the process of ordering one.

Who sells EFR tubes the cheapest? The cheapest I've found is bjefr...com. Can I simply replace the RECI tube with an EFR tube or is there something else involved?
    Hobby Laser - 1800 X 1300 dual tube Shenhui (100 and 80W)

eBay efr tubes if you need just one. Last I checked 6 Mo ago you had to buy multiples to go direct.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur Harris View Post
    Pretty sure I'm going to try an EFR tube this time through. Will and EFR tube "drop in" or do I need something else?
    Just check you MA so you don't exceed the working amperage. I have an EFR tube and it works fine. The power supply they sold me fires at FULL POWER for several seconds by itself on power up. EFR says it is normal, so I have to recommend against their power supply if you do need a new one. I purchased another one from LaserSPT and if works perfectly.
    Chinese 6040 by NiceCut. Originally 60 Watt upgraded to 150 Watt.....I thought I had pretty much every problem in the book of laser cutting. It turns out that there is a set of books.

Fires at full power on power up for several seconds? Sounds just a snick dangerous...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    eBay efr tubes if you need just one. Last I checked 6 Mo ago you had to buy multiples to go direct.

WOW on Ebay those tubes run about $1000 for 1 80w shipped.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

I may be emailing back and forth with someone that doesn't work there! I'll be somewhat careful...somewhat is the best you can do when sending money to China. If I have to buy more than one I'll simply go with a RECI.

Do you need two tubes? I would check with LightObject dot com, they are honest and fair may not be the cheapest. Marco goes over to China at least once per year to see what is new on the market and who is making what the best.

He carries a 80 watt for $650 plus shipping, but does not list the RECI power supply?
    Last edited by Bill George; 09-14-2016 at 7:46 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Bought my last tube from "sign-in-china" off ebay $1300 for 130w. You can buy it from their site on google but you won't have the protection of paypal if it breaks in transit. That's part of the premium you're seeing for eBay tubes, piece of mind. Shipping is the real killer on these things...
    Light object might be a good alternative as bill said.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Yep, shipping! They may be using "shipping" as part of the actual cost of the tubes. If you buy two tubes, you get a $65 break on the shipping...so the guy said. That doesn't seem just right to me but I don't sell laser tubes and don't know the ins and outs.

Y'all know more than I do so I might just buy from Ebay or Lightobjects and be more sure I'll end up with a tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    Bought my last tube from "sign-in-china" off ebay $1300 for 130w. You can buy it from their site on google but you won't have the protection of paypal if it breaks in transit. That's part of the premium you're seeing for eBay tubes, piece of mind. Shipping is the real killer on these things...
    Light object might be a good alternative as bill said.
    Sign-in-China accepts Paypal. You'll save a little money buying direct, but have to make sure they have their FDA form sent with the tube.