Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euroclean vs festool vacs

According to who? I bought one of them a few months ago and it has been nothing short of great for the price. My only gripe was the hose which is easily remedied with a bit longer one from Bosch for $35.

Great feedback! And that's an awesome cart Stew!
    One of the biggest uses for the vac we need is for the clean up of lead dust in old paint (historical restoration work). But I'm guessing things like a tool-trigger would be used with some tools from time to time.
    And if we do get the festool hopefully it won't trigger a full-blown slide down the festool rabbit hole!
    Thanks all!
    And PS: good news----Van Huskey's back!

I am confused....I am looking at this Ad for Fein Vacs in woodworkers supply and they say there is a suction control on the inlet and the vacs are made in Germany? Is this an old ad?

http://woodworker.com/turbo-i-58-gal...n&searchmode=2

Fein is indeed based in Germany and there is a vacuum dial on the hose of the Turbo II for a sort of "variable suction" so you could surmise that the description is sort of accurate depending on how you look at it.

I have been considering this

https://www.amazon.com/Vacmaster-Gal.../dp/B007ULBA4W
    And using my old craftsman switch
    Carpe Lignum

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    One of the biggest uses for the vac we need is for the clean up of lead dust in old paint (historical restoration work). But I'm guessing things like a tool-trigger would be used with some tools from time to time.
    If you are doing lead abatement and cleanup, one thing that could come in handy for you is remote activation, not just when running a tool. Consider being up on a ladder and needing to switch the vac on and off without having to climb up and down. The Festool vacs can be upgraded to include wireless remote control directly in the vac, so you can have manual control, tool control, and wireless control all at the same time. The add-on module is called Maxsys.