Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trotec Laser Clarification

It did seem a bold statement that 'their new machines never lost any power over time' so I questioned him over the claim at least 3 times because I was aware of the issue of reduction in power over time that effects tubes.

My wife was also present at the demo and when this was discussed, she was surprised at the claim. I had been telling her since I started my research into laser cutters that a machine would need replacement glass tubes or have to get the metal tubes re-gassed etc. This is what prompted me to post this thread.

To be fair, after he explained about not losing any power over time I put a number of scenario's to him, one of them was: so if I was to run the laser at full power for 10,000 hours we would not see a reduction in power output and also the example, if it took 'X' percent of power to cut through some material, that I would not have to increase the power to do the same job years down the line, he agreed. Just to confirm he did not make the claim of 10,000 hours, I put the scenario to him of 10,000 hours and he agreed.

I have watched the video link but being a novice on lasers I cant really argue whether its possible or not.
    Last edited by DARRELL WOOTTON; 09-19-2016 at 12:28 PM.
    Roland EGX-600 - Roland SP500 - Roland VersaUV LEF-300

Part of the answer to long life of the new ceramic tubes is that the ceramic never contaminates the gas in the tube.
    This is inevitable when using metal tubes, it will happen sooner or later.
    Glass tubes will leak, this is also an inevitable situation.