Friends, I was recently offered a position with company in a different segment of the wood industry (not a machinery competitor) and will no longer be representing Minimax or SCM Group. This all happened rather suddenly but the upshot is that it will put me in a position to help grow a brand in a rapidly expanding market, much as I was able to do with Minimax USA back in the early 2000's. I'm leaving SCM on good terms and as a courtesy to customers, will keep myself available until the end of this week for any support or questions. After that, there will be an automated reply to my SCM Group email address (which they hopefully leave up) directing folks to various contacts for customer care, parts, service, etc. I'll probably hang around the Creek for the next week or so but will, more than likely, be an infrequent visitor afterward. I've really enjoyed participating and might become active again but it's probable that I'll be under the radar for a while while I focus on this new career.

For folks considering Minimax bandsaws or combo machines in the future, the only person you need to be talking to is Sam Blasco. Sam is (like myself) a factory authorized SCM Group Business Partner and has been my colleague for close to ten years. In addition to new machinery sales, Sam is also an excellent woodworker who offers seminars and workshops in the European style. Sam is not very active on social media but is (in my opinion) the only real expert in this industry on bandsaws and combined machines. By that, I mean a person who actually uses this equipment themselves and will steer a customer the right direction rather than just feed you a bunch of sales and marketing hype. SCM Group/Minimax is a sponsor here on the Creek, so I believe it's OK to give out contact info. You can reach Sam either through the Minimax toll free number, which is 866-975-9663 (get the operator and ask for him), or through his site, which is "Samantics2" (Google it). Even though I'm leaving the industry, my opinion of Minimax machinery is still the same. It's the best combination of value and performance out there and the last one you will ever buy. See you around, friends.

Erik