Thread: Let's play a game...what do these belong to?

Let's play a game...what do these belong to?

I 'inherited' a bunch of wood working stuff. Some items I don't know to what they belong.

Item #1:
    P9190475.JPG
    A full circle router base. But for what router?

Item #2:
    P9190476.JPG
    Router plate with one flat edge. Larger than item #1. Is it for a plunge router? What router?

Item #3:
    P9190477.JPG
    Router plate with bushing insert. Looks universal, but can't find the holes that would fit by Bosch 1617. Is it universal or for a specific router, which one?

Item #4:
    P9190478.JPG
    Looks like 3 router bushings of two different sizes. Any idea which router base they fit?

Item #5:
    P9190471.JPG
    All metal router table ring inserts. Any idea for which router table or router lift?
    Last edited by Anthony Whitesell; 09-19-2016 at 9:56 PM.

One and two sure look like my Makita plunge and I know they made both a round base and one with a straight side. No clue on the others.

As I can figure #1 and #2 can't be for the same router. #2 is substantially larger than #1. The mountings aren't even close. Neither line up with my Bosch 1617. I also have access to a 3HP PC base, and they don't fit that either.

#2 looks like the one on my Hitachi M12V. If it is 7" OD and 3.5" id then it probably is.
    #3 is a universal base. I had./ may still have one. I think it was made by Vermont American among others http://vermontamerican.com/products/guide-bushings/
    #4 best guess would be Craftsman but I don't know.
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 09-19-2016 at 10:35 PM.

3, 4, and 5 look like Sears items.

#1 looks like a Makita base and #4 look like Makita guides but if it is 2 different sizes it will depend on which ones fit #1. Cheers

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Just a suggestion, laying a 6" rule in the pictures would help give scale to the items.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

The last (red) ones look like Ryobi oscillating sander inserts, but they aren't a full set.

Charley

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lent View Post
    The last (red) ones look like Ryobi oscillating sander inserts, but they aren't a full set.

Charley
    Metal inserts for an OSS? That would be a first that I have seen. I thought for a (higher end, metal?) router table plate. I know they don't fit my Rouseeau lift.

I thought of the ruler too late. Only the last picture has it, then the battery in the camera died.

Number 3 is indeed a "Universal router base". Why it won't fit your router may be due to some missing pieces.
    The slotted holes are also mounting holes. There were a set of washer-like inserts with a countersunk head to admit a baseplate screw. Since they were in slots, they could slide around in the slots to give a wider range of spacing for some routers.

I have one and it fits my PC 690, and I may have mounted it to my Bosch 1613 also.
    “Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity”

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Whitesell View Post
    Metal inserts for an OSS? That would be a first that I have seen. I thought for a (higher end, metal?) router table plate. I know they don't fit my Rouseeau lift.

I thought of the ruler too late. Only the last picture has it, then the battery in the camera died.
    They're pretty common. This is what they look like for my BOSS spindle sander:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino